23psi4age

M-Chassis 210mm Wheel Base Collection on TA05 M-Four

Hey folks, this is my first post to TamiyaClub and I wanted to share my cars.  I have used this forum to figure what I wanted to build and to find out options for bodies etc over the last year or so and its really a great forum and resource.  I wish that I was better at taking pictures while I build the bodies and the chassis but I end up being to focused and I forget to take pictures.  I would have put this in the build section but its pretty much the finished cars.  So being a big Porsche fan I wanted to get an RC car and at the same time Tamiya Released the 1/10th 40th Anniversary 934 Jagermiester.  A great car and kit, I enjoyed the build but realized it was a dated layout and tech, and also really big

alZiHL.jpg
pNDONU.jpg

So after researching about Tamiya I found that there first cars were mostly Porsches and actually more like 1/12 scale and that the most recent similar and cost effective offering was the TamTech GT-01 Chassis.  A nice RWD setup i picked up a few TamTech 935 RTR kits one to drive and crash with my son and a couple to keep / sell.  The RWD proved to be fun with high grip but out of control on slick surfaces. 

MUuzvk.jpg
b2ZKQY.jpg

So not wanting to spend more money to get older rare vintage and older tech, I started looking at M-Chassis to quickly learn they are all FWD or RWD and pretty entry level, except for 1 special limited edition version!  So as quirky as it is, the TA05 M-Four was just what I wanted 4WD M Chassis that was a little "high end".   The main downside is the tall height of the front shock towers as many 1/12th scale bodies are of cars with low lying hoods.  (So all of my bodies sit as low as they can on the shock towers but oddly enough, works out being just the right height so far)  Being Retail $600 was not what I wanted, but tamiyausa has it for $249 nowadays.  I want to buy one more to keep since it is in fact limited edition!    

7XBtiJ.jpg
KT6f5M.jpg

XDQQer.jpg

Tamiya 84255 TA05 M-Four

Dynamite Basic Fwd Rev ESC

Futaba Standard ball bearing servo

Tamiya SPT Motor 380

Tactic Basic Receiver / Controller

So after figuring the chassis out I was about to pull the trigger on 934 and 935 TamTech Bodies and original 934 and 935 plastic bodies I found available, but then learned that the 934 and 935 where on an even smaller wheel base than 210mm....So I re-started my search for bodies to find HPI Cup Racer 1/12th scale had 2 - 210mm wheel base bodies : Lancia Stratos and luckily '73 Carrera RSR!  BAM!! Back on track to accomplish my mission of 1/12th scale Tamiya 4WD M Chassis Porsche!  So I ordered the discontinued HPI Porsche body from Japan.  It is very accurate with nice trims and accessories, but thinner flimsyier than Tamiya bodies, but thats ok, its still awesome!  I also started looking again at Tamiya bodies as they are always super detailed and very sturdy.  So I have a list now and I have accomplished 3 bodies with about another 5 left to obtain and paint:

HPI Cup Racer Porsche Carrera RSR - Done

OfcUnf.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Renault Alpine A110 - Done

Hvu7tA.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Honda S800 - Done

krHawm.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Nissan Silvia S15 - Done

4abGRA.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Renault R5 Turbo - Next in line to complete and to make a scale replica of my own actual 1984 R5 Turbo Red - Need to Find!

no1KYN.jpgUITC5U.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR - Next in line to complete and currently available for little more than i want to spend around $200-$300 for body.  But super awesome with engine hanging out of the back!!

smFnXM.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 959 - Hard to find and very pricey - awesome none the less and required for my Porsche collection!!! I will do this one after I do a Renault R5 Turbo

pLf19u.jpg

Tamiya 1/12 Toyota Celica Group B - Even harder to find than the 959 and I love Toyota so I hope to find this one at a reasonable price and build also.

EouyU2.jpg

And on to the rest of the pics!

1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR - Burnt Orange - 3mm Front Wheels - 6mm Rear Wheels : HPI Cup Racer 8 Spoke MX60

OfcUnf.jpg
qbVu2P.jpg
rZAEuZ.jpg
umOueh.jpg
jKmTWw.jpg
GCSpRd.jpg
gUl8Wp.jpg
798y9e.jpg
xvoR6b.jpg
ZN1bT5.jpg
T1mBc2.jpg
nnSBVi.jpg
dB8C7i.jpg

1971 Renault Alpine A110 - Corsa Grey - 0mm Front Wheels - 3mm Rear Wheels : HPI Cup Racer 8 Spoke MX60

Hvu7tA.jpg
evWY2s.jpg
JlsZa0.jpg
RE2LZH.jpgjAGW4W.jpg
TvFRTz.jpg
QUUIE1.jpg
Bd2cZ4.jpg
3Aa0Ox.jpg
AEplxF.jpg
U26ZHq.jpg
mRdWmn.jpg
k1YUGb.jpg
h5dFG1.jpg
hLKllq.jpg
DoHbxx.jpg
IKmQbb.jpg
funTAY.jpg
9fhymw.jpg
H14DIB.jpg

1965 Honda S800 -  Metallic Black - 3mm Front Wheels - 3mm Rear Wheels : HPI Cup Racer 8 Spoke MX60

krHawm.jpg
5gMm6p.jpg
PimFur.jpg
qfoHO4.jpg
gSWbgv.jpg
KlcgeG.jpg
pm0rYM.jpg
STwBye.jpg
Ztp2O0.jpg
Osdyxa.jpg
EQNpCg.jpg
2sQ3hn.jpg
qlmsEU.jpg1k7jao.jpg
XDQQer.jpg
0rTqu5.jpg
oTfnKa.jpg

Nissan Silvia S15 -  Pink Gold Irridescent PS47 - 6mm Yokomo T6R Wheels

a98xur.jpg
EtBnTg.jpg
4abGRA.jpg
hpGvzn.jpg
5i5rIo.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments are appreciated. 

• Like 5

Very nice! I have the TA05 M-Four as well. I think it's a nice chassis but unfortunate that there's no option/capability to fit a 540 size motor.

1 hour ago, 23psi4age said:

Being Retail $600 was not what I wanted, but tamiyausa has it for $249 nowadays.

$249??? That's an awesome price. I wish I still had the ability to buy from Tamiya USA... and have $249 to buy myself another one. :D

• Like 1

A great collection you have there.

And your name - 23psi4age.  That poor Corolla (or Levin), do you still have the boosted 4a or is that a thing of the past?  I had a ae92 track car with just a standard smallport in it, it was great fun but long gone now

• Like 1

Thanks! Yup I had an AE86 with 4age hks 1.7 with t3/t4 turbo at 23psi on pump gas electromotive ecu and nitrous like 15 years ago!  It was the best, death grip fast. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 23psi4age said:

alZiHL.jpg
pNDONU.jpg

Did you get your Porsche signed by Akira Nakai and Magnus Walker?  That's really cool.

Good eye my friend, yes i was lucky enough to get it signed and to meet both Porsche gurus while I worked at Parkhaus1 in Miami!  

0nmhvf.jpg
Qg0VUR.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice collection, and also the fact that you got it signed by the-guy-behind-RWB and Magnus Walker!

One tiny little detail though... Neither the Alpine, nor the S800, R5 or the Abarth are 1/12th scale. The proportions are a bit 'off' on all cars to fit the 210mm wheelbase restriction (in the case of the 2000mm wheelbase of the S800 they actually had to stretch it a tiny bit!), but they're all very much 1/10th scale cars.

8 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

Very nice collection, and also the fact that you got it signed by the-guy-behind-RWB and Magnus Walker!

One tiny little detail though... Neither the Alpine, nor the S800, R5 or the Abarth are 1/12th scale. The proportions are a bit 'off' on all cars to fit the 210mm wheelbase restriction (in the case of the 2000mm wheelbase of the S800 they actually had to stretch it a tiny bit!), but they're all very much 1/10th scale cars.

Ahhh I understand, since they are actually smaller cars they are 1/10th but more like 1/12th comparatively.

Update:  I completed the Silvia S15 51478 210mm WB and it came out great!  Did not install the included rear wing or side mirrors.  Installed HPI Cup Racer fender mirror and Yokomo standard 1/10 wheels Work T6R.  

a98xur.jpg
EtBnTg.jpg
4abGRA.jpg
hpGvzn.jpg
axMmNf.jpg
5i5rIo.jpg
fcXd9J.jpg

• Like 1