Sign in to follow this  
J_Ghost14

TT-02D RX-7 Servo and Motor Questions

Hi all, building my first drifter, actually my first kit as well. It's a TT-02D with RX-7 body. This: https://www.horizonhobby.com/mazda-rx-7-fd3s-tt-02d-4wd-on-road-drift-spec-tam58648

Ok, so I am not competing on a track, I just want a fun/show off car. Does anybody know if these motors are OK and would work for that? http://www.rcomg.net/index.php/home/plist/sid/15.html Which one specifically would be best you think? Also, do I need a new ESC to use it? I was also looking at Dynamite because my LHS has them. 

My other question is this:

I have a Spektrum servo that I am having trouble hooking up. The screw that came with the servo to put the arm on is to short for the Tamiya one that you need to use, but the screws that came with the car don't seem to match the size/thread pattern I need for the servo. I could try cutting the servo arm that works in half and drilling out a hole, its too small for the screw you need to use, or would something else work better? It's a 23T servo and I don't know how many teeth the included arm is to know if it even works. My LHS told me it should work but I don't know.

Thanks. I look forward to showing it off around here when done :D

9 minutes ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

What about buying s screw at a hardware store ?

I went out this morning and did that actually. I was concerned that the number of teeth could be different. That was more the question but it seems to work. Now to figure out how to center and install a servo. Never done that. 

• Like 1

Since your chassis does not seem to have adjustable steering links, just hook up the servo, set the steering trim to center on your radio, power up, mount the servo horn as close as the position depicted in the manual as you can. If your radio has subtrim, use that to get the horn into the exact position.

• Like 1