JennyMo

"OK TC" - Land Rover D90 Truck-Cab scale crawler

Oooops, I forgot the almost obligatory flex photos of course!

i-JzT74sV-XL.jpg

i-rtbd3Vj-XL.jpg

The articulation is not quite as extreme as it was on the previous 100mm shocks (since these 90mm shocks have shorter shaft length, but use the same mounting locations), but overall it still offers impressive performance considering it's short wheelbase, combined with huge clearance and minimal overhangs. I trust the [stiffer] Gmade springs will also bed-in a bit too over time.

Jx

• Like 1

Fab work Jenny. I can’t decide whether I prefer this to the ‘Ghetto Vanquish’. This one is just so...purposeful!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Fab work Jenny. I can’t decide whether I prefer this to the ‘Ghetto Vanquish’. This one is just so...purposeful!

Hee hee - Hi 'Crumble, funny you mention the Ghetto Vanquish, I've just updated that thread too - and the build itself with some similar portal axles - so the distinction is becoming even more blurred now!

The 4Runner really feels dialled in now (at last) - but like you say, there is something just so purposeful about this Defender build, and the gearing/transmission makes it a great trail-crawler.

Jx