Bullitt3577

One of my better eBay finds!

Was searching thru eBay and came across these 2 being sold for what I though was way too cheap! I looked at the pics and decided to take a gamble and hope for the best! I’ve always wanted a Wild One and Subaru Brat and have the re releases of both of them already.

Once they arrived, I took a closer look and confirmed that they were in near mint condition minus the obvious dirt and dust. The only real issue is the Brat has non stock rear tires and is missing the top of the steering wheel. I ended up just washing the Brat body just to make sure nothing was hidden under all the dirt and dust but will get to cleaning the rest of it at a later time.

I was really interested in cleaning up the Wild One, which was one of those cars I always wanted as a kid. The paint was looking kind of sad, the roof looked like a dark brownish black and the body didn’t have enough paint on it and was somewhat transparent. Luckily, a little time with some old nitro fuel and the paint is now ready for a respray. I’ll need to get some repro decals when that time comes tho. I got the car all taken apart and cleaned, then reassembled it using hex hardware. Still have to do the paint but with the wild fires raging here in Sonoma county, that’s gonna have to wait!

7DBFBC6D-A0B5-46CB-B8E6-69BA79148756.jpeg

B7751AC1-4BE4-44EA-A43C-169FA24039F4.jpeg

Those BOTH look awesome after the cleaning. I hope your not endangered by the fires anytime this season. I might have the steering wheel for that Brat hanging around here, but will have to to clean up my mess first to have a decent look. I sure hope 2018 brings me all the time I need to get to all the fine details of sorting out every last bit I have here for cars I don't own and won't get a chance to own either.

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Those BOTH look awesome after the cleaning. I hope your not endangered by the fires anytime this season. I might have the steering wheel for that Brat hanging around here, but will have to to clean up my mess first to have a decent look. I sure hope 2018 brings me all the time I need to get to all the fine details of sorting out every last bit I have here for cars I don't own and won't get a chance to own either.

I’m about 20 miles south of the big fire that devastated Santa Rosa so I’m lucky for now. Unfortunately one of my best friends parents house was lost to the fire!

I kind of have the problem as you Crash, but I keep getting more cars and I don’t know where I’m going to put them? Lol. Let me know if you find the steering wheel part, no big deal if you can’t tho. 

I think I found the steering wheel, get me your address in pm mode and I can send you a card, it's the cheapest way to send small things.

7 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I think I found the steering wheel, get me your address in pm mode and I can send you a card, it's the cheapest way to send small things.

Thanks Crash, pm on its way!