steponit!

HobbyKing HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver

Hi Good People !

Does anyone know how reliable this rc system is? Is it any better than the 'FlySky FS-GT3C' ? 

Any advice is highly appreciated !

Thank you, Good People !

Hobbyking use rebadged Flysky equipment under their own HK brand or Turnigy brand. Make sure you check and compare the used protocols AFHDS vs. AFHDS-2. These are not compatible!

so no, it’s not better or worse. It’s the same when quality is compared.

I use a Turnigy GTX3 and my son has a GT2, which both use the same protocol and RX-types are interchangeable. I think the Turnigy feels a little more thorough. Even Carson and Absima use the same hardware platform for some of their equipment.

For bashing they are highly recommendable, great range, no glitching as far as my experience goes. And the GT3B/C and GTX3 can be flashed to 8-channel transmitters. Just search the internet for a howto. Besides the extra channels, it gives you other great options like subtrims and more model memory to name a few.

Biggest difference is the GT2 series is really setup for a single model, while the GT3 have memory slots for the various settings on different toys.

FWIW, I switched most of my bashers and seldom run toys over the FS-GT3B radios from Futaba 3PM's. At the time, I could get a FS-GT3B setup and 9 additional receivers for about the same price as a single Futaba R603FF receiver. Have not had any problems with the ones I currently have, but have to admit, these are in the seldom run part of my collection.

@steponit! I have a GT2G and its fine.  Compared to my Futaba and Sanwa the performance is fine, as in I don't notice any difference, it just feels cheaper, but its about 1/4 the cost so definitely worth it for a basher.

They are available from a lot of different places, RCMart and banggood both sell them as Flysky.  I would check what they are all selling them for and buy from the cheapest given they are the same gear.

• Hi, @steponit! I have been using the FlySky FS-GT3C for about a year and it's been great. Receivers can cost as little as £6, and I regularly run 8 of my RC's with mine.