Sign in to follow this  
Leethal Driver

FTX Outlaw

So Granddad (not for the first time

:lol:) nips into the model shop on the Wellingborough Rd after an afternoon in the Phipps, and buys grandson an FTX Outlaw for his 4th birthday. Bit advanced but we'll let him roll with it.

Will need to slow this down for said 4yr old, so does anyone know if you can set the acceleration and top speed via the esc? If not, can I chuck in a 35T motor noting that it's got a 550 in it out of the box?

Any help to avoid the inevitable plough into whatever inanimate object happens to be in the way (and ensuing tears) after 5 minutes appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

16 hours ago, Leethal Driver said:

So Granddad (not for the first time

:lol:) nips into the model shop on the Wellingborough Rd after an afternoon in the Phipps, and buys grandson an FTX Outlaw for his 4th birthday. Bit advanced but we'll let him roll with it.

Will need to slow this down for said 4yr old, so does anyone know if you can set the acceleration and top speed via the esc? If not, can I chuck in a 35T motor noting that it's got a 550 in it out of the box?

Any help to avoid the inevitable plough into whatever inanimate object happens to be in the way (and ensuing tears) after 5 minutes appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

Get a transmitter with adjustable throttle (endpoint adjustment) on it that way you can slowly ease them into the speed, that what I have done with my daughter and son.

Managed to get some decent TX & RX on facebook market place.

Now my son who is 6 is a pro with his FTX Carnage my daughter who is 4 is still quite happy just poodling around her Midnight pumpkin