Sign in to follow this  
Saabman

Nikko Super Sprint

Perhaps three years ago I was given three RC cars including a Tamiya buggy (2wd), a Subaru and a Nikko Super Sprint. All had parts missing or needing attention. 

My son used to race his tuned-up Manta Ray, so he was keen to have first drive of the Super Sprint. I had incorrectly positioned the drive servo, so he had to remember the reversed controls. Result? Broken front floor pan on that first outing. These things can be repaired well, so the car was ready next time his family visited. The grandsons had a turn but the outcome was even worse, with a broken suspension pivot and lost front driveshaft. There is a fix for that, too, but it takes patience and a tubular section remodelled with several coats of Araldite.

I have dispensed with the slow acting mechanical speed controller and replaced it with an electronic one. Plug and play, no setting up at all. Brilliant!

Now three more grandchildren have arrived and are keen to try their hand.  The car is fast! Play or sell?

My nephew and I took my small quadcopter down to the RC track along with my dt03 and Lunchbox. It had been acting up and I couldn't get it to level out right.

I lifted the sucker 70 or 80 feet in the air and cut the throttle, let it get down to 25-30 feet or so and got back on the throttle, leveled it out and it came screaming past us doing 3-4 times its top speed. 

I pivoted on my heels as it came past and plowed it straight into a sign that was right in front of us. The quad was destroyed to say the least.

The two of us literally fell on the ground laughing. It was worth 10 quads to have that moment together.

So you can probably guess my vote.

Play.

Well done for displaying such good humour! I had wondered if the caption should be 'play and pray' this time around?