Munchbox

What's wrong with me?

I have an EcX Torment 4wd on the way, should be here Monday. Castle Sidewinder 3 brushless system, 5000mah 2s lipo and charger included.

And I'm looking at buggies. Both the Top Force and Bigwig have caught my eye.

I've been eyeing a rere buggy too. Mostly the Grasshopper or Hornet.

I also wouldn't mind having a dt02 Sand Viper, which was my original idea for a buggy before I got my Racing Fighter.

Speaking of which I have some pretty good ideas for a project I probably shouldn't do of turning a TT02b into a short course truck with a Nissan Titan shell, proline Badlands and an extremely large brushless motor.

And I've recently been struck with the thought that it might be great to have a Super Clod Buster. Goes anywhere, stomps anything.

And I haven't been out to actually run one of the cars i actually own in close to 2 months.

So besides the obvious, what's wrong with me!!?

Yeah, what is wrong with you? I can’t believe you haven’t got a dozen kits in boxes to still build, a catalogue of to do jobs, a collection of 30+ cars and tens of drivers heads that need painting and taken over at least one room in its entirety in the house and the dining room/kitchen table!!

• Like 3

Situation normal , personally I would buy the Top Force first :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Munchbox said:

I think I've spotted it, they are all rere buggies! Problem solved

And the Boomerang should be on the list

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Munchbox said:

what's wrong with me!!?

No restorstion?

And dare I say it, a none tamiya? 😯😁

I have had to remove Ebay and Sphock from my phone recently 'cos I'm constantly searching for cars and car stuff!

I should just really concentrate on what I have already got! 

Lol - been there, as have lots of us on here.  At one point i probably had 20+ basket cases to start on and yet was still buying one a week.

I got out of the disease for a while, mainly by dropping RC for a year or so,  but i do struggle to keep any funds in my paypal everytime i sell off some RC car or parts, even now ;)

5 hours ago, Munchbox said:

Welcome to RC. I see that you're new here. :lol:

• Like 1

Its completely normal to have multiple R/C's. Its a hobby after all. Some people have thousands of dollars tied up into golf clubs, or real hot rod cars, fishing boat, ect. Its whatever makes you happy. My problem is I like R/C planes, boats, cars/trucks, and tanks......it can be difficult deciding what to run that particular day.

I started with three chassis's of which I wasn't sure what each were... 8 years later I have had up to 38 cars... currently at 30 and 4 are in bits. I am working on a Blitzer beetle that didn't sell a SWB 4wd wheeler. A parts hornet and my work bench looks like a table at the flea market... and not in a good way. I check ebay 4 times a day for deals and currently have a ton of stuff in three different shopping baskets..  you've got a ways to go bud! Don't stress enjoy. If it gets to should i buy groceries or a new kit then you have issues. 

All of the above are true! 

I'm still small beans compared to my brothers who got into the hobby at the same time. They each have multiple $400-500 cars.

Right now I only have 4: Lunchbox, Racing Fighter, Blackfoot and a Wheely King. The Wheely King and Blackfoot are up for sale to make room for the Torment I have on the way since I never run either of them

Just wait until you open a box or a closet or a cupboard and find a car you forgot you bought, while searching for another car that you forgot you sold...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lol, I need a spreadsheet to keep track now, that takes care of the cars. Parts on the other hand, no clue, as you succinctly said, I keep surprising myself both good and bad with what I have got that I didn't remember having or haven't got that I swore I had! I was so convinced I'd bought something I went checking back through my modelsport history just to see I'd never actually bought it, just I'd put it in my wishlist! Nuts ;)  I've kept away most of this year but 'tis coming back around to Tamiya season!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nitomor said:

That Torment is your issue, clearly ;)

I really would have gone with a Tamiya if they made a proper 4wd SCT. Unfortunately they don't and so my other option is converting a TT02b into a SCT and likely being disappointed with it's performance. 

Considering I paid less than the price of a new 4wd Torment and I got a Castle Sidewinder setup, battery and charger along with it I feel pretty good about it. Worst case I can break it up into parts and probably make money selling it.

I guess the Vajra is probably the closest thing Tamiya has to a 4wd short course truck...

large.image.jpeg.36aea5f2199efcd67e10200

large.image.jpeg.f78ca3a75437bf80aab0066

Or perhaps the TB01 based Super Levant which may be more durable!

Intriguing! Ive never heard of the Vajra though the Levant does sound familiar.. 

I guess nothings really won't with me.. I'm only 5 cars in after all... Hee hee hee

4 hours ago, Munchbox said:

Intriguing! Ive never heard of the Vajra though the Levant does sound familiar.. 

I guess nothings really won't with me.. I'm only 5 cars in after all... Hee hee hee

It’s basically a big wheeled Avante! It has ball diffs etc too.

On 27/10/2017 at 5:18 AM, Munchbox said:

I have an EcX Torment 4wd on the way, should be here Monday. Castle Sidewinder 3 brushless system, 5000mah 2s lipo and charger included.

I also wouldn't mind having a dt02 Sand Viper, which was my original idea for a buggy before I got my Racing Fighter.

Speaking of which I have some pretty good ideas for a project I probably shouldn't do of turning a TT02b into a short course truck with a Nissan Titan shell, proline Badlands and an extremely large brushless motor.

And I've recently been struck with the thought that it might be great to have a Super Clod Buster. Goes anywhere, stomps anything.

And I haven't been out to actually run one of the cars i actually own in close to 2 months.

Ebola-aids I think..🤣😂😂😂🤣