Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

A New Kit (that I'm actually going to build!)

Whilst in the shower this morning I had a knock at the door (typical isn't it!). There was a very cheerful looking delivery man stood in the pouring rain waiting patiently with a parcel for me :)

Always love when things arrive from Tamico!

38158809201_14cee468ae_b.jpg

Well packaged as usual!

38103366146_fe5e84af0b_b.jpg

How good is this box art :)

37448722044_2d2929e66c_b.jpg

For a change I'm actually going to build this one rather than squirrel it away. I'll probably even use it as a basher too :)

I've got to finish my FF01 speed run build before I can start on this but I'll put it on the list! I'd be interested to know of any worthwhile hop ups I can buy to use when I build this. 

• Like 6

Great choice! The FAV is a terrific runner. I built mine stock plus bearings,  then later added the Tamiya shock kit. The shocks are well-made, and very smooth, but far too stiff, especially in the front. Finding a way to soften them up is on my to-do list, but somewhere near the bottom. It's a good handing car even with the pogo-sticks, but you'll want to add a rubber O-ring or a thin slice of rubber tubing between the top of the front spring shafts and the top of the front shock towers, or else it makes an annoying "clack clack" noise every time the spring rebounds.

Power-wise, I was running mine with a Sport Tuned motor, and it seemed like a good fit: able to kick some dirt and sand around, but not making me cringe every time it got a little squirrelly.

I hate to say it, but for some reason I did not like the build on this car. I think it had to do with the trouble I had painted it and the modifications I made. I even located the FAV specific shock kit tamiya offered when they first came out but the build was so bad I have rarely run the car. Now it is at MIP looking at how the Hotshot ball diff will fit in it so when I get it back, I may need to give it a go again. I always loved them so I need to get over it. 

31316818050_0aba6cab75_k.jpg

• Like 2