Sign in to follow this  
wildwillhappy

Grasshopper 2 what wheels to mount pro line sling shots

hi all

just looking for some help

Got a grasshopper 2 off ebay. I was looking on youtube and found someone putting some pro-line sling shots sand tires size 2.2" on his rising fighter. He change his wheels to tamiya 51262 that are 2.2"  but they are a hex drive.

Now the grasshopper 2 doesn't use a hex drive and was wondering what wheels i could use to mount the pro-line sling shots on and would then fit the grasshopper 2?

Any help would be great

wild

Well found the info.

Looked on tamiya website for the instructions and found out that the grasshopper 2 uses the same parts as the grasshopper and hornet. So all i need is a hex adapter. Have looked at a tamiya product code 53913 but at £9.49 thought i would go with radshaperc at £3.99 worth a try i think.

wild

• Like 1

Not sure. Grasshoppers are screwed down not body clipped. That said, the Rising Fighter is screwed down into a GH2 chassis. Not really helping! 

If you are looking for wheels still you'll need lunchbox front uprights with the longer axle and some Blitzer Beetle or Aqroshot wheels to go with your Hex conversion

well thanks thunderdragoncy

that is a good point i didn't even think of, longer axles. The body thing is just trying to make the two cars look different.  Been looking at the sand scorcher body to mount on to the GH2 chassis but trying not to spend to much money. 

wild

I love the GH2 body so I am the wrong person to ask, but if you are looking for something different and of these bodies will fit:

Hornet

Super Hornet

Rising Fighter

Thundershot

Thunder Dragon

Fire Dragon

Terra Scorcher

My guess is that a Grasshopper will fit but you will need some different body mount parts to let you screw the body down, or just drill the Grasshopper body for the three body clips.

I put truck wheels on my DT03 chassis which has a Grasshopper2 body grafted onto it

2017-04-06_06-57-59

Now that is very nice. Like the colour match to the wheels 

Been thinking about the body thing and i have come to think it would just be easyer just to paint them different colour's i think. save the cost there only beach runners. 

Looking at ampro stuff like the diff lock would give both wheel's power and also that 5th shock(or not a shock but a tab) to stop that slapping noise on the back.

Going to get 2 sets of grasshopper (sand scorcher) paddle tires for the time being, then going in for the full monty with the sling shots. yeah baby!!!!:P

wild

AMPRO kit is great. I have the transmission brace on my kids Rising Fighter. Diff lock would be perfect. I got my colour matched decals from MCI Racing. I broke that shell so did a blue one which I have now. Loads of options

20170529_091530

Post some pics. Love the look of beach setup buggies