GooneyBird

Are you telling me you've built a club racer, out of a TT01?!

Hi @GooneyBird Loved this thread. I'm looking at building a TT01E to Iconic Cup rules (stock) over the winter. Shocks are one of the only hop ups allowed. In fact, looking the spec of your car it's pretty much to the rules (we can add an aluminium prop shaft and motor mount, bearings, aluminium wheel hexes, and I believe the toe in uprights are allowed because they're a kit option, but everything else stock, and only Tamiya gearing with a spec 17t brushed motor).

Can you tell me how long the shocks are on your car (50 or 55mm) and how you manage setup tweaks like droop? At the club I race at (where I would look to use the TT01E) my TA06 runs 5mm ride height, 5mm droop front, 3mm rear, but uses 55mm shocks, and the droop was a really powerful way of getting the handling nice. Given that we're not allowed even adjustable upper arms in the stock class, I'm interested to know how you tune the handling. 

I'm not sure toe in blocks are allowed at present. There have been people asking about allowing them,  but I didn't run them at the WLRC round.  I had trouble getting enough steering!! 

@ThunderDragonCy: I'm controlling droop through internal spacers in the shock. However, I've found that the car works best without any spacers. I am running 50mm shocks though, so if you're running 55mm shocks you'll have to work a couple of spacers in. I'm running the car currently at 4.5mm front and 5mm rear. This rake gives me a bit of static weight on the front wheels, and helps with steering under braking. Running the car level can cause the fronts to lock up under braking.

Droop is always a bit difficult to measure on a TT. Because the arms flex it's hard to measure a set value. I usually shoot for 'arms level' with the shocks attached.

• Thanks 1

@GooneyBird Thanks dude! Really good to know. Haven't even bought a kit yet so knowing i need 50mm shocks is super useful. 

Good to know on the handling attributes too. My TA06 is totally the opposite - loose at the back, tonnes of front grip - so i probably would have made mistakes there. 

Cheers!