curtmcgirt

2017 Boomerang 'Dust Cover'

step 17 in the manual calls for putting a "dust cover" over the steering servo. iust a flat piece, shaped like the steering servo 'compartment' and held in by friction and/or the front gearbox, i guess. but I don't see any such part in my box. I assume i'm looking for clear lexan? when I search the interwebs for "boomerang dust cover," the best result is  a clear plastic cover for a mechanical speed control. which I do have, in addition to the body, "chassis cover," and wing. this "dust cover" looks nothing like the "dust cover" in the instructions, and couldn't be cut into one if I wanted to... am I missing this piece? or is this step in the instructions just left over from a previous version of the kit? why do I have a dust cover for a mechanical speed controller? should I just cut a dust cover from scrap lexan from the body?

It was inc in my 2008 Boomerang re-release, I did initially have trouble locating it, in the box

There's no reason why it wouldn't be included again in the 2017 new batch, might just be hiding somewhere!

It is a clear lexan piece

My 2017 kit had one in the box. So it ought to be there somewhere.

Now that I'm thinking about it I can't remember if it's actually installed in my Boomerang or if I left it out. I think it's in there.