Please post pictures of your Suzuki Jimny. I'm seeking inspiration for the color scheme. I did a search on here and most of the old topics are broken from the "bucket" picture drama.

There are a couple interesting ones on google, the orange one with tracks is pretty cool. It seems most people stick to pretty simple single color paint jobs.

Tamiya-DIY-RC-TrackTruck-TLT-01-4WS-Suzu

• Like 1

Since this topic is about painting, the nice thing about the Jimny body is that its setup for 2 tone painting. Its got very defined sections in very straight lines for easier taping to get your colored sections just right. I think the cab section would only look right in a 2 tone if you put mirrors on it to hide the step down line by the window corner. Then the main body line (below that) is the best 2 tone separation line. The only concern there would be if you added any realism details or tools to the bed area. Then lastly you have the side body lines that align to the bumpers. I'll draw some lines on a picture showing what I'm talking about.

I think a simple top half white, with bottom color... maybe light green, 2 tone would be best for this truck. Then maybe black bumpers, black bed, and roll bars. Lastly maybe some tire changing tools or a gas can added to the bed. The stick on spare tire is kind of silly when you think about the size difference. So a gas can would be a better choice for a tiny bit of realism.

1500_.jpg

I've been going slow with my Jimny due to other obligations. But I finally got the chassis drive able. Next I'll be starting on the body after I slip some washers behind the rear wheels to remove the extra slop in the half shafts. I bought cans of PS-1 white, PS-5 black, and PS-8 light green for the body colors.

IMG_20171201_233419.jpg

• Like 1

I gave my friend a Jimny for Christmas. Its his first ever RC truck. I made him paint it, build it, basically do everything. I don't think is too bad for his first ever RC.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

• Like 1

Aren’t those SJ’s not Jimny’s?

A Jimny looks like this:

AETV63637347_1.jpg

Tamyia sell one on the MF-01x chassis. 

58614.jpg

2 hours ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Aren’t those SJ’s not Jimny’s?

The Suzuki SJ30 began production in May 1981 in Hamamatsu,[citation needed] Japan. In Japan, it was sold as the Suzuki Jimny and was a kei car, produced with both 550 cc and 660 cc 3-cylinder engines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Jimny

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Lol, guess it gives it away that I’m not in Japan ;)

Same. Here, it was sold as the Suzuki Samurai. 

9 hours ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

I've not been active on here in a while. I went simple with my Jimny paint.

The can on the back instead of the spare tire is a nice touch. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2018 at 12:02 AM, iluvmud said:

Here's how it really looks.

40074475372_9286f2d6c3_b.jpg

Wow! I REALLY like that!!