AndyjcClod

First Truck but which one

Thanks for all the advice on this I can confirm I have now ordered the following from Fusion hobbies..

King Hauler Bearing Kit
56301 Tamiya King Hauler
Radio Deal: 6 Channel Electric Fast Charge Deal with MFC-01        
906023 Carson Poison Truck Motor
56506 Tamiya Tractor Truck Animal Guard
56538 Tamiya Tractor Truck Reinforced Output Shaft Set
56504 Tamiya Tractor Truck Roof Spoiler
6 Channel Radio Gear

Trailer will come at a later date.

• Like 5

thats a nice little order their i went for a lot of the hop-ups on my merc but one i do regret getting is the shocks. bet you cant wait for the delivery i know i would'nt 

• Like 1

Cool! You could have saved some money (and spent it elsewhere) by not buying the output shaft. They are not problematic.

• Confused 1

On 20/12/2017 at 7:01 AM, berman said:

Cool! You could have saved some money (and spent it elsewhere) by not buying the output shaft. They are not problematic.

Would you bother installing it now I have it or would you say dont bother and pop in on feebay?

It turned up!  Thanks again for all the advice. I now have something to do over Christmas.

PS: How many people have locked the diffs on thier trucks (is that a good idea or not) I have heard putting 2000000 silicon gel in the diffs works superb to give teh truck better grip when on dust, gravel, dirt or uneven surfaces etc.

Truck.jpg

• Like 5

that's the kind of pic i like to see.

i see you already started on the driver figure. one tip i will give you is assemble as much of the shell as you can before you paint that way you wont get any colour difference in the seperate panels.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 1:52 AM, AndyjcClod said:

Would you bother installing it now I have it or would you say dont bother and pop in on feebay?

Up to you. It is one of those things where because it was a cheap 'hop up' it was nice to add to your basket, for the sake of $11usd and selling at a loss you might as well chuck it in now you have it.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought two of those #56530 reinforced bevel diff sets on a whim, went to install one, it sounded like a dog chewing gravel, uninstalled it and now the both sets sit in my parts boxes 😁

Nice haul for Christmas! 😊

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 10:08 AM, berman said:

Up to you. It is one of those things where because it was a cheap 'hop up' it was nice to add to your basket, for the sake of $11usd and selling at a loss you might as well chuck it in now you have it.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought two of those #56530 reinforced bevel diff sets on a whim, went to install one, it sounded like a dog chewing gravel, uninstalled it and now the both sets sit in my parts boxes 😁

Nice haul for Christmas! 😊

I am thinking to install this option part #56530 to my Actros 1851. It sounds like it's not a good idea? Is that "dog chewing gravel" sounds normal to you? Thanks!