Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

M0-6L

Ok so I thought I would make an effort to do a build as I do often enjoy reading others so here is my attempt. I hope it is clear please ask for more pictures if you want to see anything. I’ve always loved the beetle so trying to keep this one original and stock. I couldn’t get the blue paint I wanted and being impatient I decided to grab some PS-6 off the shelf. I normally leave the shell to the end but as I find this the least enjoyable part (mostly due to my poor painting skill) I thought I’d get it out of the way first. I took a surprising amount of care over this part which is not like me and so far I am pleased with the results. My new tamiya scissors worked great, windows have been masked and body trimmed.

Today a few coats of yellow followed by backing it with Halfords vinyl blue. We will soon find out how well that holds up. So far so good while that dries I’ll start on step 1....

the blue that appears to be bleeding through is just over spray and will disappear when I take the Lexan protective film off. (I hope)! More pics to follow.

Steps 1,2,3&4 complete. Be careful not to mix up the ba4 & ba3 screws. Very similar.

4 minutes ago, novicelad said:

Is the halfords stuff a good alternative? 

I’ve used it on two other shells and it seems pretty good. Limited colours but much cheaper. I’ve not used it to back the ps paint before only on its own.

12 minutes ago, lentner3 said:

Steps 1,2,3&4 complete. Be careful not to mix up the ba4 & ba3 screws. Very similar.

I’ve used it on two other shells and it seems pretty good. Limited colours but much cheaper. I’ve not used it to back the ps paint before only on its own.

Cool OK its not so much price issue but my local RC shop is 20 miles away! Halfords is 5 minutes away 

Hi. Thanks for this post.

Like you I enjoy the builds and I always seem to struggle with the painting as its my least favourite part of an build.

My nearest RC shop is about  miles away , on Saturday I visited them to find they  do not stock Tamiya poly paint, so I opted for an alternative brand.

I should have done a little more research but I was hoping to get my paint on before this weekend.

I fancy a Beetle , not sure if it will ne Blitzer, standard or rally yet though.

Please keep posting updates of your progress.