novicelad

1060 or tble02s which performs best

Hi All

What performs best out of the 1060 and the tble02s?

I want to put a tamiya sport tuned motor in my neo fighter, will I notice any performance increase with the 1060 ?

Both are quite capable of handling the Sport Tuned motor on NiMH or 2S LiPo. I don't see there being any performance difference.

However if you want more performance, the 1060 can handle 3S LiPo, while the TBLE-02 can handle down to 10.5t brushless. So which one is best would depend on if/how you plan to upgrade your car in the future. If you plan a battery upgrade, go for the 1060. If you plan a brushless upgrade, go for the TBLE-02.

1060 is a piece of cake to set up, whereas the TBLE-02 requires reading the instructions :o

the 1060 on 3S with a 17T motor will probably produce more speed than a TBLE-02 with 2S on a 10.5T motor (Just basing on speed comparisons between my cars running 8.5T brushless on 2S and silver cans on 3S)

If you want to run brushless then the TBLE-02S. Well worth going 13.5T/15.5T speed passion brushless motor over a sports tuned.

If brushed then the 1060 is leagues ahead as it is up to 3s lipo capable with voltage cut off (so no need for a voltage alarm), waterproof and I am yet to blow one up even running 3s on a 12T mod motor in a Blitzer Beetle which is well out of spec on cell count. 

If brushless, the 10BL60 which is currently £32 on modelsport runs rings around it too.

But if you want to keep it all Tamiya then the TBLE-02S

If you have a 02s then keep it and go brushless. 

If you have a Sports tunes then get a 1060

So put sport tuned in dt03 with 2s lipo, 1060 and got 20mph on 19t pinion. Happy with that car handles loads better. The brushless will stay in the lunchbox for poos and giggles

I dunno I actually really like my tble02s. 

MyLunchbox is ridiculous on a 2400kv motor, 18 tooth Hornet pinion and has never overheated. 

My dt03 has loads more power than a 2wd car can handle in the conditions I usually run (loose sand, dry) on a 3600kv motor and 19 tooth pinion. It has overheated once but the ambient temperature was over 100 degrees F that day. 

Both would undoubtedly do even better on lipo, a problem which is easily solved with a $3 lipo alarm. Run times have been great with the brushless motors.. can't say much for 3s but both cars will do ~30mph on nimh 6 cell (3000mah) and get run times over 40 mins on the buggy and almost an hour on the Lunchbox.

Of course, the brushless motors don't get as hot or require the maintenance that a good low turn brushed will give you! 

I've noticed that the TBLE2S actually gets quite hot running a Torque tuned in a DT03. However, a 13.5t brushless in the same DT03 is fine, barely above body temperature. 

Strange little things they are...

2 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

I've noticed that the TBLE2S actually gets quite hot running a Torque tuned in a DT03. However, a 13.5t brushless in the same DT03 is fine, barely above body temperature. 

Strange little things they are...

Brushless motors need less current to do the same work which might explain it.

Also when in brushed mode it is only using 1/3 of its FETs, which are pretty close to their limits running a Torque Tuned. In brushless mode it is using all its FETs, which share the load and thus don't need to work as hard or generate as much heat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Also when in brushed mode it is only using 1/3 of its FETs, which are pretty close to their limits running a Torque Tuned. In brushless mode it is using all its FETs, which share the load and thus don't need to work as hard or generate as much heat.

Is this why they are 60amp but only rated to 25T or whatever it is?

I chose TBLE-02S over 1060 because I think brushless motors are a bargain and would rather switch to brushless than buy 3S to get performance which I can't use in my racecars

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is this why they are 60amp but only rated to 25T or whatever it is?

That is correct. 

I think it's also worth noting that while the tble02s gets the job done for me I don't think it's the end all be all of escs, if there is such a thing. Its tuned very conservatively so you'll not really see the full potential of your brushless motor. This also means that you'll see little difference between NIMH and 2s lipo (it still lacks that noticeable lipo throttle punch).

I think both escs are pretty decent considering the price. I prefer the tble02s because I prefer brushless motors. I think that Nobbi has it right; if you want to stay brushed get a 1060. If you want to go brushless get a tble02s.

1060 if you're running brushed.

If you're running brushless, I'd go for a Cheap one out of hobbyking, this is 80A, adjustable boost and turbo timing etc, for £20.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-80a-turbo-sensored-brushless-1-12th-1-10th-esc-roar-approved.html

(If you've no esc to start with 🙄)

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

1060 if you're running brushed.

If you're running brushless, I'd go for a Cheap one out of hobbyking, this is 80A, adjustable boost and turbo timing etc, for £20.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-80a-turbo-sensored-brushless-1-12th-1-10th-esc-roar-approved.html

(If you've no esc to start with 🙄)

I have those in my offroad racers running 17.5T and they work well. You need the program card too though. I have seen a lot of disparaging comments about them though but to me they perform well so the only thing I can think of is longevity.

My TT02B with 13.5T, lipo and boost set to about half was mental.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even consider purchasing the Tble02s tbh, no lipo cut off for a start, like the tamiya battery connections, they are only popular because they come standard in many kits, not because they are any good.