Rb4276

Goolrc 4370kv esc combo

So I had some paypal cash and said what the badword. I probably went against my better judgement and bought a goolrc combo. It says it is 4370kv. I figured for $30 usd why not try it considering i spend $110 on castle combos. Anyone ever try this particular 4370 rated one? I am going to try in my re re optima. 

This one?

36871587341_4a39da8a49_b.jpg

I've got two of the GoolRC 4370kv motors. So far, I have only ever ran them on Nimh and have no complaints about them. Lots of power. I also have the orange GoolRC 3600kv motor/esc and it runs good with a lot of torque. I believe @Granddad Stinky uses GoolRC motors as well.  

What are you going to put it in? I have a 4370kv in a TT02B Neo Scorcher, another in a TT02 that I use for the top speed challenge here, and the 3600kv in another TT02 rally car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the need arises. 

1 hour ago, Kingfisher said:

This one?

I've got two of the GoolRC 4370kv motors. So far, I have only ever ran them on Nimh and have no complaints about them. Lots of power. I also have the orange GoolRC 3600kv motor/esc and it runs good with a lot of torque. I believe @Granddad Stinky uses GoolRC motors as well.  

What are you going to put it in? I have a 4370kv in a TT02B Neo Scorcher, another in a TT02 that I use for the top speed challenge here, and the 3600kv in another TT02 rally car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the need arises. 

Indeed I do. 😁

This is in my Truck Build, it’s got a huge amount of grunt. I haven’t bought any 3s yet, but I will.

1FTgogb.jpg

There’s a 3650kv 3650 in my DT03, now in my Gator. 

I once stripped a boat 5280 1250kv, the internals and circuit board were identical to a Leopard at twice the cost,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingfisher said:

This one?

Good to know, the one i ordered shows the orange one. Though when i look up goolrc 4370 kv one online it shows up the blue set. I am going to put it in my re re optima for now and see how it goes. I will eventually probably put it in my monster beetle and add another castle or reedy set up in my optima. 

Does the goolrc have to be set up? Or is it plug and go? I know it doesnt come with a program card

3 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Good to know, the one i ordered shows the orange one. Though when i look up goolrc 4370 kv one online it shows up the blue set. I am going to put it in my re re optima for now and see how it goes. I will eventually probably put it in my monster beetle and add another castle or reedy set up in my optima. 

Does the goolrc have to be set up? Or is it plug and go? I know it doesnt come with a program card

You need this.

Buy it from the GoolRC shop on AliExpress and the delivery  time will be halved. The esc comes on mid settings.

http://s.aliexpress.com/NnuyABzq

35 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

You need this.

Buy it from the GoolRC shop on AliExpress and the delivery  time will be halved. The esc comes on mid settings.

http://s.aliexpress.com/NnuyABzq

Thanks, found it on amazon prime  too for 9.99 ill have it 2 days

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Thanks, found it on amazon prime  too for 9.99 ill have it 2 days

Result! 👍

Ok got my gool system in at factory settings. Super fast and so far so good, seems factory settings are perfect

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Ok got my gool system in at factory settings. Super fast and so far so good, seems factory settings are perfect

Great stuff! 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Now lets see how reliable it is, i still have my doubts for $30 lol

I beat the snot out of the one in my Neo Scorcher and it's still going. I've had it at full trigger for nearly a whole battery pack tearing up the sand on a volleyball court, ran it through dirt, gravel, mud, and water puddles. I've taken jumps, hard landings, and tumbles, and even dropped it on its roof from 5 feet up by accident. Still no problem. It was because of this that I got more than just that one. Hope you have the same reliability.

• Like 1

I was thinking about trying the GoolRC 4370kv instead of the Castle Creations 4600KV in my Top Force (to save some money) - Ya think the the GoolRC will work well in the Top Force with 4WD? 

12 minutes ago, jomotion said:

I was thinking about trying the GoolRC 4370kv instead of the Castle Creations 4600KV in my Top Force (to save some money) - Ya think the the GoolRC will work well in the Top Force with 4WD? 

I don't have a Top Force, but the Neo Scorcher is 4WD. I run it with a locked rear axle and it does fine. 

On 11/22/2017 at 6:09 PM, jomotion said:

nIce! so are you happy with overall speed/handing?

It's plenty powerful and I have only ran it with Nimh batteries. With a 19t pinion it has plenty of speed for bashing around in the dirt or taking small jumps at the local skate park. 

I finally drove it yesterday for about 20 mins. Motor flies i actually had to turn the epa down because it pulled wheelies at times and motor was not even hot. 2 issues, one the pinion gear came loose and the steering screw and washer under the chassis holding it in place was lost. No spares included and had to waste $18 for a bag with an odd 2.6mm screw

You mean the grub screw that holds the pinion onto the shaft of the motor? Did you use thread locker on it? 

yep! Any 3x2.5 or 3x3 grub screw will work - they both screwed in place nicely - keeping the rear stabilizer firm. Not sure how it will handle - but has to be more effective now - not bouncing around. Did'nt use any thread-lock.

The grub screw came loose on the pinion which isnt a big deal. There is 2 2.6mm x10mm screws for the steering with a concave type washer that was lost too. 

22 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

The grub screw came loose on the pinion which isnt a big deal. There is 2 2.6mm x10mm screws for the steering with a concave type washer that was lost too. 

M2.5 is the same pitch.

15 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

M2.5 is the same pitch.

Thanks, i already ordered a 10 pack of 3racing titanium of the 2.6 x 10mm. It was only $4. Losing the weird washer is an issue and easy to replace