Sign in to follow this  
Madcaper

Hobbywing 1060WP reverse adjustment

I use a Hobbywing 1060WP brushed ESC in my Top Force. The Jumper is set to F/B/R

When the car drive reverse there is not enaugh power to drive in gras or sand. On the street it drive reverese very very slow.

Is there any chance to adjust the reverse?

Thanks

The manual shows no way of adjusting reverse speed, only activating or deactivating the reverse function. Short of reworking the PCB, I don't think it can be altered.

As above, from memory the reverse is limited to 50%. Another option could be to run a 3s Lipo and limit the forward speed via the epa’s. What motor are you running?

23 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

The manual shows no way of adjusting reverse speed, only activating or deactivating the reverse function. Short of reworking the PCB, I don't think it can be altered.

I contacted the seller rcmart. They told me there is an programming card available. I should try this one.

What means PCB? Sorry but my english is very bad. I do not understand all words.

16 hours ago, lentner3 said:

As above, from memory the reverse is limited to 50%. Another option could be to run a 3s Lipo and limit the forward speed via the epa’s. What motor are you running?

I installed a silver can and a Team Orion Pilot 19T. Batteries are 2400mAh NiMh.

I think I will switsch to a GoolRc brushless system. I have this in my Manta Ray and TT-01 and it runs very fast and powerfull. 3930KV, the blue Motor with a 45A ESC

Reverse is slower but I've never had it bog down. Could be the motor or even your end point adjustment. 

5 hours ago, Madcaper said:

I contacted the seller rcmart. They told me there is an programming card available. I should try this one.

What means PCB? Sorry but my english is very bad. I do not understand all words.

PCB = printed circuit board. Basically the board that carries the tracks and components inside the ESC's casing.

If RCMart are correct about the 1060 having a programming card, it would be interesting to know what extra adjustment options it opens up. Please keep us posted!

Wow this is the same as the eZrun program card. I have one in my spares box. Didn’t realise is would work on a 1060. Time for some investigation...... will report back if it works and what it allows you to change.

I recently purchased a hobbywing 1080 brushed esc, it comes with a program card, that would be more likely the compatible card, it is great by the way........

6 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

I recently purchased a hobbywing 1080 brushed esc, it comes with a program card, that would be more likely the compatible card, it is great by the way........

Interesting, let us know more when it comes. And some pictures. 😉

I can confirm after a bit of digging on the hobbywing site that the 1080 (but hobbywing refer to this as their crawler esc and have dropped the 1080 name) is the only brushed esc from hobbywing that is actually programmable. All others cannot be programmed via a card nor can the firmware be updated. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1