Sign in to follow this  
richb77

Wild one cage painting

I am restoring a vintage wild one at the moment and have a plan for a colour scheme that whilst not clashing with the red cage wouldnt look the best.

I was wondering how some people have painted them in a robust manner that they survive some light use. My restos tend to end up ans fully functioning shelfers.

Other question (Is open ended and i suspect a can of worms) should i paint them or not? Its not the rarest of vehicles and with the re-re these cage parts are fairly commonplace now.

I did mine with automotive plastic primer and top coat colours - i think i used Peugeot Orange, bought from Halfords (UK Auto accessory shop)..

photo12_zps28e12d32.jpg

Survived half a dozen battery packs, before i sold it on - no problems with the paint, but i didn't have any 'episodes' or crashes

Great!: Thats what i was planning to do ( I stock up on Halfords paints when i go back across the channel). Thanks for that!

Or you could use the rere FAV cage that is black. That tends to go with most colour combo's and wont show up scrapes like a painted cage ? Just another option.