Granddad Stinky

Plasma Edge II

It looks like two of us had the same idea, at the same time. 😂

Here’s my latest creation. The shocks have been converted to “proper” CVAs and the steering is bushed with Delrin (and stainless fittings of course)

LjfKbYE.jpg

9fW1DVu.jpg

iLEoCKq.jpg

3W3oiFL.jpg

ZN163c7.jpg

099QOBJ.jpg

ENB7YI1.jpg

7h1anlf.jpg

ZNk3VU6.jpg

02KHpAk.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks chaps. I forgot to add, it has a high speed gear set as well. It’s just a shame that I can fit a 3s in it later on. 😈

It’s the high speed kit and 19t pinion. 

I can’t remember who did it, but there’s a YouTube video of a similar Neo Scorcher going high speed, with ice on the road. I thought, I’ll ‘ave a portion of that! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

This gave me the idea, is it anyone on here?

That belongs to @Zuban . I believe he sold that car recently. That video was the inspiration behind me getting my Neo Scorcher.

Edit: Found the sale thread which shows everything in it.

• Like 1

Here's a question for those who run these. How well do they hold up with all the plastic shafts etc.. I like the new black one.

Cory

I have a couple which have had 18 months of (ab)use and they are standard except for bearings and I made strut braces for the front shock tower.

When running a 13.5T brushless (really nice match for the chassis) i used the metal gear diff from the DF02 and that worked well. When running the standard torque tuned motor the plastic diffs are fine, and actually perform better than the metal diff, there was a noticable speed difference between the 2.

Otherwise I've had no issues with them at all, and thats with plastic driveshaft, stock dogbones, etc etc.

Mine are really loaners now for the neighbours kids as we run other cars but if I was going to develop these more I would get the high speed gear set and Yeah Racing motor mount which allows you to run any gearing so can match it to motors better.  There is a heap of slop everywhere but unless you have the skills like Grandad Stinky I wouldn't bother removing it other than shimming stuff, I would spend the money on a better kit to begin with.