21 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

What’s the general opinion on the Landfreeder? There must be a reason why it’s cheaper than the others.

Licensing on the body shell is probably the key factor. It's generic. Not Merc not Ford not Toyota or VW

• Like 1

What I've found with my CC-01 is that it's the one rig I go back to time after time and do a little hop-up here, a little mod there.  Every 3-4 months I do something new to it.  I haven't even really gone down the rabbit hole of scale realism that beckons.  The ABS bodies with all the scale accessories.  This thing can be as deep of a money/time pit as you want it to be.  That said, I've logged a ton of hours just walking the trails at the park.  With a 60T brushed motor its speed is perfect and it's 3000 mAh NiMh battery can outlast me on the trail.  So if you're looking for that one project vehicle that you can get into for cheap but that you won't outgrow or hit a plateau with, I think the CC-01 is the ticket.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Effigy3 said:

What I've found with my CC-01 is that it's the one rig I go back to time after time and do a little hop-up here, a little mod there.  Every 3-4 months I do something new to it.  I haven't even really gone down the rabbit hole of scale realism that beckons.  The ABS bodies with all the scale accessories.  This thing can be as deep of a money/time pit as you want it to be.  That said, I've logged a ton of hours just walking the trails at the park.  With a 60T brushed motor its speed is perfect and it's 3000 mAh NiMh battery can outlast me on the trail.  So if you're looking for that one project vehicle that you can get into for cheap but that you won't outgrow or hit a plateau with, I think the CC-01 is the ticket.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m pretty well decided on the Bronco now. 

I’m not quite sure about walking the trails though, it’ll have to be a circle around me. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m pretty well decided on the Bronco now. 

I’m not quite sure about walking the trails though, it’ll have to be a circle around me. 😁

The nice thing about scaler trail rigs is that you can park your chair in a nice spot and drive them "full speed" all around the garden or another nature spot like a park or whatever.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

The nice thing about scaler trail rigs is that you can park your chair in a nice spot and drive them "full speed" all around the garden or another nature spot like a park or whatever.

RC car dizzy sticks!! 😂

36 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

Yep. Sometimes we sit on the deck in the back yard and run the Landfreeder around. 

I’m having a bit of a wallet problem here.

I’ve been watching EBay etc for CC01 prices. Landfreeders are £125 ish, Broncos are £175 ish. Is it really worth an EXTRA £50 for a different body? I’m having a real problem justifying it.

I have some trick suspension ideas festering in my head, which will require the covered space at the back. I like the idea of a USA army truck, so I might go for the Landfreeder and a few sheets of thin styrene sheet.

I’m not a great fan of the Toyota models, any thoughts on the subject?

I'm thinking you should do a Landfreeder monster truck conversion.

Can you say "Clod Buster tires?"

10 hours ago, Munchbox said:

I'm thinking you should do a Landfreeder monster truck conversion.

Can you say "Clod Buster tires?"

Good idea but I’m sold on doing a scale build, with the emphasis on the modelling side rather than the RC.