Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

WR01 alloy shock towers

Any one still making these. One of mine has bent. I may end up attempting to fabricate one myself if not.

I think that's each but still very reasonable..

CSC-

This is a composite made from Carbon and Silica or glass fibres. The glass fibre is used as a filling between layers of Carbon, this method of construction allows us to utilise the excellent strength and stiffness properties of Carbon fibre at the more critical outside surfaces of the part, whilst using the superior toughness and lower cost glass fibre as the centre to the sandwich. The percentage of Carbon to glass fibre varies for each material but CSC always presents good toughness and value with only a small weight penalty, In some applications this slight increase in weight is a positive advantage as for example in most chassis the extra weight helps with the stability of the car.

Thanks. So to confirm do these fit the tl01 and the wr01?

i have never owned a tl01 but have one coming from eBay this week. 

Remind me which is which?

Should fit WR02=Wild Willy, Wheelie chassis

WT01?  Wild Dagger, Twin Detonator, 4WD Monster Truck,

Wr01? Blackfoot 3, Mudblaster, Same chassis but 2WD.

Not sure about TL01?

WR-01 never existed in Tamiya language as far as I know and most spares are listed for it as wild dagger or twin detonator.

I have had mounts off Fusion for my wild dagger and a couple of other WT-01s

I like the idea of the fibre ones so might try them next. You got pictures @Leethal Driver?

8 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

WR-01 never existed in Tamiya language as far as I know and most spares are listed for it as wild dagger or twin detonator.

I have had mounts off Fusion for my wild dagger and a couple of other WT-01s

I like the idea of the fibre ones so might try them next. You got pictures @Leethal Driver?

Yeah, somewhere - will dig 'em out (or take some new ones if nec). Leave it with me. 

I just wish the Fibrelyte ones were not as angular. The GPM ones fit nicely with the rest of the chassis aesthetic with their curves while the Fibrelyte ones are very angular and to my eye rather ugly. As one who enjoys looking at the chassis as much as the shell, I'd prefer it if they looked a bit less like someone designed them using a ruler and graph paper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

@Leethal Driver can you remember what material yours are made from?

Not sure, the emails with Fibrelyte back in 2014 just refer to carbon but the website lists them as either carbon or carbon/fibreglass composite. Found the old thread but must have been Photobucket pics as now dead, will grab a couple of new ones this eve and post them up. 

Just a note, phone Fusion Hobbies to check stock and availability before ordering if going that route.

I think I got the last few of these from them and where they aren't holding stock or UK suppliers don't have stock it can be quite a wait for things and require proactive chasing.

Their website showing in stock and actual stock held are quite different.

Mine are in transit in both materials so will hopefully have some updates soon.

Edit to add: Parts arrived!!!

In the packet, I can't see much difference in materials, I will have to mark them when I open them so I know which is which.

kiSLJ.jpg

Bailed me out:lol: Took some pics on my phone, then realised I can't load them to tcphotos (iMac still in a box from house move unfortunately). Not coveted myself in glory but if any one wants me to email the pics of them fitted to my Twin Det drop me a pm. Otherwise they look exactly like this above!

• Like 1