Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolRC1

TT02B Speed Demon

We've been doing a lot of on road parking lot racing this past summer. A bit of a change from our normal trail runs and bash sessions. Forgot how much fun it was to go fast! 

Always wanted to do an on-road buggy - wider stance, bigger tires, they can handle a lot more power than a touring car in my humble opinion. I've got a 5700kv setup here that I tried to run in my XV01 and it was just too much for me. So I started looking for a cheapish buggy to do a conversion just so I could put this motor in it. 

After doing some digging, I picked up a TT02B MS. I know there are better buggies out there, but I have a TT02 touring car and it's nice being able to mix and match hop-ups between the two. The MS is well equipped right out of the box and frankly, I just like the TT chassis! 

It's set up with a 15t brushed for now just to sort out the suspension and trims. No hop ups installed yet, the MS is for sure the way to go as it comes pretty loaded right out of the box. Tires are from an older TL01B kit that I clipped off the spikes and sanded down into slicks.  
36923788344_f52648d7b2_b.jpg

The rear has a custom shock tower that lowers the wing an inch and allows me to run Tamiya'a mini CVA's at 55mm all around.
37585292666_cbf6b6cd7a_b.jpg

Front is lowered with the same 55mm shocks and threw some universals in there as well. (Ok, I guess I did add 1 hopup!) 
36923788134_1e6cd62100_b.jpg

Ovrerall stance is about the same ride height as a touring car. With the wing lowered, it's pretty sleek looking. I didn't care for the body to be honest and was looking for another but once I got it all painted and set on the chassis, it grew on me. Defintely looks the part for a speed machine
37585292246_5c5892d5a7_b.jpg
36923787994_5e407a2d06_b.jpg
36923787824_7e5d3dac01_b.jpg

Fun little build, can't wait to get it and and stretch its legs...Since it is almost winter here, updates will be forthcoming as soon as the weather cooperates. :(

• Like 7

Nice! Hope to see it's speed run as soon as the weather allows, it's certainly nice and low.