magnumb

CC-02?? MST CFX

Anyone try this new kit out? Everyone is commenting that it's the best plastic bits they've seen in a RC kit ever. 

Front center motor mount

Solid axles

Metal ladder chassis rails

Adjustable length in the same size as the CC-01 and they ship with Tamiya bodies!!!

You can get a roller with a HobbyWing 1080 ESC for under $250. 

Seems like these are perfect platforms for some of best Tamiya bodies out there!!

MST CMX is another one.  cMx has the motor in the Middle.  cFx has the motor in Front.  CFX-W is bigger 1/8 version of CFX.  I've heard good things about all of them.  Slipper clutches and planetary gears in the center.  Nice stuff.    

I was seriously looking into CFX and CFX-W.  I even bought 5x10mm rubber-sealed bearings for it CFX, and 3x6mm bearings for CFX-W's axle's portal gears (all I had were Tamiya's standard 1150 bearings).  There is no differential in the axles for CMX, CFX and CFX-W because they are designed as crawlers.  You can build CFX in 3 different wheelbases, 242, 252 and 267mm to fit popular Tamiya bodies.  

In the end, though, a brand new Montero Wheelie came up on sale for $80, and I had to order that in a hurry.  Then I got a used Gravel Hound in mint condition for $50, and then a half-built Blackfoot for $80.  By then my funds ran low...(but I'm not complaining :D).  Someday I'll get a CFX when I'm in the mood for a crawler.  I love the wheels and tires of CFX.  And the non-standard 10mm and 6mm bearings I ordered?  Apparently, Tamiya Zahhak needed precisely those bearings, so they got used in Zahhak.  But I second you.  CFX is a nice crawler.  

jiV7DXP.jpg

Hopefully Tamiya will take the hint and release a genuine Tamiya CC-02 along these lines...

• Like 2

Yeah, I've had my eye on one of these for a while now. I've heard good things about them, and I really appreciate the fact that they're CC01 size and not SCX10/Ascender size.

I'm working on a MST CFX-W...

MST_337.jpg

MST_339.jpg

MST_341.jpg

i've reduced the original MST wheelbase from 300mm to 275mm about to match the wheelbase of the JK body

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Yeah, I've had my eye on one of these for a while now. I've heard good things about them, and I really appreciate the fact that they're CC01 size and not SCX10/Ascender size.

I think the size will help it keep the character that so many Tamiya kits have. 

Really like my CFX...The Tamiya body really is beautiful, and the chassis looks perfect under there. 

38398460271_a230a3eab1_b.jpg

I've built a CMX in the past as well - both are very nice kits. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 1:25 AM, magnumb said:

Very cool! Looks very rugged. 

What are you using for electronics? 

HW WP1080, hackmoto 45T, undecided about servo.

MST_326.jpg

Mine is a cfx-w. Due to the shortening of the wheelbase I had to cut the sliders

On 12/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, mastino said:

Mine is a cfx-w. Due to the shortening of the wheelbase I had to cut the sliders

Do you have to use brushless motor and lipo with these kits?

no, it's not necessary. Using the lipo for space problems, but motor and ESC brushed.

• Thanks 1