Munchbox

Dt03 short course truck?

Does anyone know of a SCT body that will fit a dt03? It's kind of a weird wheelbase for it's width. I was thinking of doing a TT02b SCT but I already have the DT03. 

True but the Aqroshot proportions are more stadium truck than SCT. It is sleek and narrow and the wheels stick out the sides.

35612048314_6581474ff8_b.jpg

36050219440_675c94f5db_b.jpg

OK so Stadium not SCT but still, I like to post photos 

• Like 2

Actually the Stadium Blitzer lid doesn't look bad on there. It might be pretty cool with SCT tires instead of monster tires too.

Have you guys had any trouble with running hex adapters up front and breaking uprights? I broke one my first time out with the hex adapters and haven't been excited about trying them again. This was with slightly larger than stock street tires, much smaller than SCT or the monster tires I see you guys running.

I've a HPI charger body that might work, fast & furious off road charger? 🤔 

I am planning on turning my DT03 into a beach basher anyway. 

I'll check it for size.

2 hours ago, Munchbox said:

Actually the Stadium Blitzer lid doesn't look bad on there. It might be pretty cool with SCT tires instead of monster tires too.

Have you guys had any trouble with running hex adapters up front and breaking uprights? I broke one my first time out with the hex adapters and haven't been excited about trying them again. This was with slightly larger than stock street tires, much smaller than SCT or the monster tires I see you guys running.

I think most people on here running big wheel DT03 are using bearing front wheels and Mad Bull/Blitzer long axle uprights. If you are looking for a more solid hex conversion instead of the GPM bodge thing search Grandad Stinky DT03 Hex conversion. It used Kyosho RB5 c hub, upright and axle. Proper job. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Grandad Stinky DT03 Hex conversion. It used Kyosho RB5 c hub, upright and axle. Proper job. 

Forgot about that! 

As the RB5 has been stripped for mk1 Ultima duties, all those parts are spare 🖒

Yes I've seen it as well. My problem is finding a set of SCT wheels that will accept a bearing for the front. I guess a set from a 2wd Slash would fit..

Then I also already have a brand new set of 12mm hex SCT wheels and tires that I picked up off eBay for $12 shipped. Can't beat that.

4 hours ago, Munchbox said:

I have Stadium Blitzer wheels and tyres on my other DT-03 and it looks and goes well. I know I should move them on to this one but in my head they are two different projects