Baddon

Boomerang to BigWIg conversion?

I have a original boomerang with the twin shock upgrade (from the Supershot). I also have a host of Bigwig parts, including a chassis and the yellow parts from the body.

Does the gearbox, suspension etc just transplant OR do I need a host of other parts? I know I need a body but these area available. What else might I need?

Gearboxes transplant straight over into either chassis, front Bigwig suspension transplants over but requires Bigwig front arms also.

The Boomerang chassis would be lighter.......

• Like 1

The Bigwig also has a rack and pinion steering system that differs from the Boomer's sliding bar style steering.

• Like 1

Thanks gents, 

9 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

The Bigwig also has a rack and pinion steering system that differs from the Boomer's sliding bar style steering.

I have checked I have the parts for the steering of the Bigwig in the parts I bought. They were a job lot of Boomerang parts with a few BigWig parts and 2 chassis for the BigWig.

Is the centre drive shaft (front to back gearbox) the same? The is one yellow part I don't have but not sure I need it, its a plate in yellow sits in the bottom of the tub chassis.

I have been looking at the list price of a re-re for each, there is only about £10 between them, BUT the BigWig came ballraced with a Technigold motor and twin front shocks all in the originals anyways. Are the differences still the same on the re-re? If so then a re-re BigWig is FAR better value and they also seem to attract a higher resale than a Boomerang.

Just had a though, I have already downloaded the Boomerang instructions, If I also download the Bigwig I can see what else I will need and work out the money.

I think the prop shaft is the same. The re-release BigWig comes ballraced and with a GT Tuned motor but no ESC. The Boomerang has a few bearings in key places but is mostly plastic bushings in the drivetrain. It has a stock 540 silvercan motor and an ESC in the kit.

Does any one know if the gt tuned motor has the same power or better than the technigold motor ?

on 8.4v years ago at the time these were so quick 

Gt tuned motor has the same unladen rpm on 7.2v as the technigold (19,000 rpm if you're interested) but has more torque than the technigold 500 gf-cm at best efficiency and 7,2V for the gt tuned compared to the 430 gf-cm at best efficiency and 7,2V for the technigold. I've ran both back  to back both bedded in using the same method and for the same amount of time and tbh there's no discernable difference in speed and acceleration between the two. The technigold looks cooler tho. 

Ok thankyou , I’m going to purchase one soon and did not want to be disappointed.

be nice to run it on 3 cell lipo , if that motor can handle it .

would just change the ESC to one which will except 3s .