Jump to content
MuntyScruntfundle

Mounts and Shocks for WT01

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, I'm trying to locate a decent set of shock/damper mounts/trees/stays and suitable 90-100mm shocks for the WT01 chassis in the UK.

I've been searching around, but to be honest I really don't know what's going to fit properly.  I've already made the mistake of ordering some shocks which are the default length, but the fittings are completely different, so they'll have to go in a drawer never to be seen again!

I've read any mounts for the WR01 will fit, and after some more research it looks as if the WR01 chassis is virtually identical, but I could be looking at completely the wrong thing!

If anyone knows where I can get the bits needed could you please pop a link in here?

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WR-01 and WT-01 are not identical - one has a front gearbox while the other doesn't - but they are identical in terms of shock tower mounting points and shock length requirements.

 

The two most common shock tower options are the alloy ones from GPM and the fibre ones from Fibrelyte. Both are best used with shocks of 95mm or thereabouts. Much shorter and you are sacrificing ground clearance unnecessarily, much longer and you make the car unnecessarily prone to tipping over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone got links for the shocks and towers for a UK buyer who is carfull with the ££ please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fybrelyte ones are the cheapest if you ask for csc material. Quality is excellent. I have some pics in another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Asistees lists them but they are all out of stock. Think they must be discontinued at GPM because they are getting harder to find.

Even the not so cheap eBay knockoffs seem to be missing from the market now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MuntyScruntfundle said:

Hi folks, I'm trying to locate a decent set of shock/damper mounts/trees/stays and suitable 90-100mm shocks for the WT01 chassis in the UK.

I've been searching around, but to be honest I really don't know what's going to fit properly.  I've already made the mistake of ordering some shocks which are the default length, but the fittings are completely different, so they'll have to go in a drawer never to be seen again!

I've read any mounts for the WR01 will fit, and after some more research it looks as if the WR01 chassis is virtually identical, but I could be looking at completely the wrong thing!

If anyone knows where I can get the bits needed could you please pop a link in here?

Many thanks.

Fusion don't keep stock anymore, all special order now I believe and after my last experience it takes weeks.

If you haven't ordered anything yet, I have a new built set of 4 gmade piggyback shocks and the blue GPM WT01 mounts on a Blackfoot Extreme. Yours for £40 inc shipping which is just a tad under half price. 

Fittings included. Blackfoot Extreme not included lol.

 

IMG_20171025_002739588-2137x1202.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TurnipJF Yer the shocks are normally £34-£36 per pair now and the mounts c£20 for 2. 

The Blackfoot Xtreme is up for sale too. Probs £50 Inc postage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, although I'd have to paint the wheels a different colour!!

Thanks for all the info and links folks, really appreciated.  When I've got the paint and upgrades finished I'll post a couple of pictures.  :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MuntyScruntfundle said:

Looks good, although I'd have to paint the wheels a different colour!!

Painting wheels on a runner is generally regarded as a bad idea - even if expertly applied, it is prone to chipping and flaking off as the wheels flex in use.

If you want to change wheel colour, dye is considered a far better approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Painting wheels on a runner is generally regarded as a bad idea - even if expertly applied, it is prone to chipping and flaking off as the wheels flex in use.

If you want to change wheel colour, dye is considered a far better approach.

Have never tried it. But Plastidip or similar might be a cheap easy way to change the colour of rims and solve most of the issues of normal paint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 8:46 AM, Prescient said:

Fusion don't keep stock anymore, all special order now I believe and after my last experience it takes weeks.

If you haven't ordered anything yet, I have a new built set of 4 gmade piggyback shocks and the blue GPM WT01 mounts on a Blackfoot Extreme. Yours for £40 inc shipping which is just a tad under half price. 

Fittings included. Blackfoot Extreme not included lol.

 

IMG_20171025_002739588-2137x1202.jpg

Loving the tyres on this! Can I ask what they are? They look a lot like HPI mud thrashed. I'm trying to work out if they would clear the body shell on a mad bull or if I will need some hex adapters. Have you fitted any adapters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

They are the same as I have on my 6x6. I found them on ebay. Could post a link later.

Thanks. Have you made any changes/mods to get them to clear the body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no body on the 6x6 yet.  The motor in the mad bull will struggle with them on.  I think they would fit. Can check later but it would stress the ESC and motor possibly to destruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Loving the tyres on this! Can I ask what they are? They look a lot like HPI mud thrashed. I'm trying to work out if they would clear the body shell on a mad bull or if I will need some hex adapters. Have you fitted any adapters?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-RC-135mm-Tires-Wheel-Rims-12mm-Hex-For-HSp-HPI-1-10-Bigfoot-Monster-Truck-Car/391916301327?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These fit the WT01 trucks, bit big for the Mad Bull.

The sidewalls are really thin but haven't broken them yet and running brushless for quite a while with little signs of wear.

Good tyres for a monster. 

EDit2add: The wheels wont fit on the front, they rub the steering arms but they aren't glued so I just changed the front, the rears go straight on but do change track width slightly.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-RC-135mm-Tires-Wheel-Rims-12mm-Hex-For-HSp-HPI-1-10-Bigfoot-Monster-Truck-Car/391916301327?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These fit the WT01 trucks, bit big for the Mad Bull.

The sidewalls are really thin but haven't broken them yet and running brushless for quite a while with little signs of wear.

Good tyres for a monster.

 

I have 8 for sale with little wear. Great tires. £25 plus post for 4 with rims (don't use the rims, mount the tires on the stock rims of your car)

2 FULL sets (8 tires and wheels in all) monster tires for these, make the truck stand wider and higher and give it real presence. Also less likely to flip over. They fit onto the original car rims and include foams and don't need glue (unless you run LIPO with Brushless) only light wear still over 80% TREAD. These will fit any of the WT-01 buggies as well as the Blackfoot/Monster Beetle trucks. I have attached some photos of the trucks when just finihsed to let you see the stance of them.

Wt-01 parts

£25 for 4 plus Post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help guys!! I think I'm going to have pass on this idea as I don't think any of these options are going to clear the front of the body shell. I've got a standard set up and not looking to start a new project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have shocks and mounts available as well, check my for sale add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...