Kingfisher

Stickers on bashers. Do you put them all on?

On a car that you've built strictly for bashing, do you put on every sticker that came in the kit, or just the important ones?

Since I run vintage stuff, I put on all the decals. It has to look like the buggies in the catalogs "come to life" in my case, even if its still just a basher. They seem naked without them.

• Like 1

I used to have some stickerless or very rough looking bashers but these days I put all the decals on. They just look better and I enjoy running them more to see them going more or less box art (except for my Beetle) as they were designed to appear. Makes for better photos too. 

I was torn between putting every sticker on the Mazda Demio body. It's not exactly a desirable body shell, and I know it's going to get beat up, but I have decided to go through with it and complete it. 

Since I usually bash alone in a spacious carpark or field, my bashers seldom if ever collide with anything, so it is worth putting a bit of effort into the shells and applying all the decals as they ought to stay looking good for a while.

Racing on the other hand is fraught with collisions no matter how carefully I drive, and shells quickly pick up tyre marks from other cars, paint marks from the barriers, etc. These are far easier to polish out if there aren't decals in the way.