78Triumph

Am I the only one that doesn't glue tires?

I wear rubber gloves when glueing tires now. If I glue the gloves to each other, or something else, no big deal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

I wear rubber gloves when glueing tires now. If I glue the gloves to each other, or something else, no big deal.

That seems far too sensible!

8 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

That requires an extra thought process on top.... not going to happen.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

I tried disposable latex gloves, just ended up getting bits of glove jammed in the bead, ripping them, and still having superglue on my fingers, plus latex glove glued to my fingers and stuck in the tyre!! 😕🎪

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

You couldn't even selfie that could you! ;)

Sadly not and as I'm sure you can understand I'm not in any great rush to recreate the experience 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

It's a big deal when your buggy is racing down the road with a rubber glove flapping off the wheel :D

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I can't use the runny watery super glue, it ruins my tyres and runs onto sidewalls... I always use gel glue now, non runny but it takes longer than 10 seconds to dry.... a couple minutes before tacky. The Tamiya Tyre glue helper is a god send for holding the tyre down exposing the bead to glue.

Any of my wheel under brushless oomph need gluing, a non powered front wheel though... I leave un glued

Agree with both points, I hate that runny wheel glue. Shoe Goo both works and can be peeled off without wrecking whatever it's on.

I glue tires if I need to...usually to avoid the tire coming off the rim. Pretty much anything over 25mph I end up needing it is say. Nothing  worse that a good bash session ruined by a tire that won't stay on the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎22‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 12:14 AM, Driveforfun said:

Shoe Goo both works and can be peeled off without wrecking whatever it's on.

I'm going to try that, thanks! I never glue tyres, because I want to keep the rims, and rarely have had problems with rims spinning on their own. But ShoGoo could be a worthwhile option, for when I end up at a proper circuit!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 8:11 AM, _oliK said:

I'm going to try that, thanks! I never glue tyres, because I want to keep the rims, and rarely have had problems with rims spinning on their own. But ShoGoo could be a worthwhile option, for when I end up at a proper circuit!

Cool, it does work well for me, but I should note i don't race...some of my solutions I believe an experienced racer would cringe at, but they do work for me at least!