chazekxt

kyosho monster tracker mt

16 minutes ago, chazekxt said:

anybody got one? looking to pick one up to bash with.thanks

It’s a Sandmaster/Nexxt/Axxe with different clothes.

If that’s RTR it sounds like a good deal. The plastics are quite soft, so they’re pretty bomb proof.

The only downside is that the shocks are just springs, no damping at all. There is a kit to convert them to oil filled though.

On 23/12/2017 at 3:47 AM, Granddad Stinky said:

If that’s RTR it sounds like a good deal. The plastics are quite soft, so they’re pretty bomb proof.

The only downside is that the shocks are just springs, no damping at all. There is a kit to convert them to oil filled though.

Do you have one of these Kyosho Monster Trackers? I’m considering one but only if it can be made to go a little faster than stock by either upping the gearing or putting a brushless 2s system in... has anyone had success with this truck on here?

On 23/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, chazekxt said:

yes rtr thanks

Did you get one in the end?

On 8/26/2018 at 4:01 AM, chazekxt said:

guess no one into this

I got one last week, ran it the first time today. I like it ... I wanted a RWD for kiddie skids and power sliding, and it fits the bill.

The oil kit for the shocks is included, but not assembled. Lots of spring options and a couple of shock options on the site too.

Looks like two different motors on Options tab, page 4: http://rc.kyosho.com/en/rccar/34403t2.html

The OEM battery didn't last long :o like, 20 minutes max. Mine came with a 1300mah NiCd (although the homepage states it comes with a 1800mah NiMH). I'm eyeing up a 2s 5000mah on Amazon Japan.

Looking on YouTube, 2s LiPo (?) improves speed and runtime, and the OEM ESC and motor supports it out of the box.

This guy runs stock and then LiPo in the same video: 

About as much faster than the Clod than it is smaller :D ok maybe 25% faster.

Crashed into our two-year-old twice today, and he sat on top of it. Nothing broken, that I can tell.

Pretty happy with it! Now I want to pull it to bits and rebuild it with fancy bits :o must ... resist ...

image1.jpeg

• Like 1

Out today with the 5200mah 2s LiPO for the first time. Maybe 20% faster -- it'll wheelie from a stand still if it can find the traction -- but the run time is GREATLY improved! Easily over a half hour of what circuits and sliding on grass.

So, pretty happy with it -- good bang for bucks. Wouldn't want too much more power for hardback (can get into uncontrolled donuts :D) and probably fast enough for the small areas we have here, so good enough for my beginner-ness to get some skills before I spend more money.

• Thanks 1

Oh what fun -- wet concrete and hardback sand/dirt! Had a blast today drifting around the trees and lampposts on the playground.

So this ... truggy? is really good for sliding around on a hard but loose surface. Super fun, easy to drift and slide around. Doesn't have the suspension for jumps more than a foot or so, and while the oil kit helps stabilize the ride in general, it's still doesn't improve the jumping ability :D

... I can see myself getting an E-revo or Kraton in the future ... or maybe a Senton :o