Juggular

Any guess on re-re 2019?

I want Falcon.  Tamiya has been re-releasing 2-3 cars a year.  I wonder what they will be... any guesses?  

[Edit 9/10/2018: Changed the title from 2018 to 2019]

• Like 3

Maybe a Super Sabre - seeing as the other Hotshot type cars have been re-releases it probably wouldn't take much effort.

I'd love to see an Avante 2001 re-re. I'd be saving pennies for one of those.

Top Force Evo, Porsche 959, Astute, Hotshot II, Thundershot,Super Sabre,Terra Conqueror,   well they are the ones I want re re'd

• Like 2

Falcon is high up my list or maybe something oddball like the sonic fighter or striker. Although knowing how much tamiya likes to release weird stuff  I'd guess avante kumamon edition. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, Supercoolnothing said:

Although knowing how much tamiya likes to release weird stuff  I'd guess avante kumamon edition. 

You say that like it's a bad thing! :P

My guesses are: Thundershot (I heard the Boomerang is related, and that is out, so...), Striker (wheels are certainly available), and/or Super Sabre (for the same reason as the Thundershot).

Since the concept of the Striker was so unsuccessful, though, I find it easier to imagine a new model using Striker cues being released instead, and that being issued instead of a true re-release. That sounds not so bad, either; a Neo Striker based on the DT-03 would be fun...

... And yet, I still hope I am proven so very wrong and see an original Striker. It would look quite good in fresh plastic and some re-release-type quasi-sponsor stickers, like the Forward Automotive Products and Major Pro decals.

Seeing as they put out the Grasshopper 2 concurrently with the original Grasshopper, maybe a Hot Shot 2? I agree the Super Sabre is a possibility as well. I do feel as though those two were the weakest sellers of the original Hot Shot series, so maybe not. I have had a gut feeling we might see a Thundershot or Thundershot-series car (Terra Scorcher would be awesome, but I dig the Thunder Dragon too), especially since we're to the point of re-releasing the re-releases (that's a mouthful). The Falcon seems like an obvious one as it's fresh and not to hard to manufacture. An inexpensive re-release can sell in large volumes that something like the Bruiser might not. 

I really want a Top Force Evo but worry about my marriage if they do...

Anything to run in vintage races would suit me, so Super Astute or Dyna Storm maybe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aynar said:

Egress (again) will be coming Sept 2018, apparently :)

That would do in lieu of an Avante 2001.

11 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

That would do in lieu of an Avante 2001.

Maybe the 2001 body set will be reissued again.  Maybe a Vanquish.

Other than that, I have no idea what Tamiya have in store for us, besides the Egress, but my wish list is anything Astute/Madcap related.  I'd like to see a modern ball diff and joints for those cars, maybe even a ball diff inside a TTC as standard.

• Like 1

Hopefully the 959 and Celica gr. B. A Super Sabre and another batch of the Moutain Rider would also be nice 😀.

959 and Celica bodies will re-appear on the MX01X, I would guess. As for true re-releases, the Falcon is probably a safe bet at some point. It's one of the few entry-level mid-80s cars they haven't brought back yet. Striker and Sonic Fighter too.

I'd still like to see a Blazing Blazer on the revamped Bruiser chassis, even though I probably couldn't afford one for a while.

And I REALLY keep hoping that Marui will notice all of this going on and get their heads out of their Airsofts and bring back the Big Bear and the Samurai.

• Like 1

Speaking of other brands, I'd like to see Hirobo re issue their Alien Mid buggy.  Haven't seen one since gazing through a model shop window at one sometime back in the golden age.

I'd love to get a shiny new Falcon. The Falcon was my first RC when I was a boy  and it was awesome. I wrecked that thing, the tyres were smooth by the end.

11 hours ago, markbt73 said:

And I REALLY keep hoping that Marui will notice all of this going on and get their heads out of their Airsofts and bring back the Big Bear and the Samurai.

Yes! I'll take a Shogun as well as a Big Bear and Samurai. Heck, I'd buy every Marui if the rereleased them. While we're dreaming, I'll also take an Alien Mid, original 5 link JRX2, Nichimo Spirit FF, Mugen Bulldog 2, Raco Jackrabbit, MRP High Roller, Varicom Big Grizzly...ok that's enough...for now...

Given how intrigued I have become about the whole family I would definitely be keen to see a Super Astute or something from that family. Given the Egress is now a definite I can't see it happening, although I suppose they ran Top Force and Avante together this year.

As much as this buggy nostalgia is nice, I have to say I would be keen to see some new, interesting buggy shells on modern chassis. Clearly tamiya can see the more scale style appeals, so why not something new? As a child of the 80s I love the shells, but the performance? Not so much. There is a reason I have a Grasshopper2 shell on my hopped up DT03 chassis and I didn't buy a GH2 ReRe. Anyone else feeling this?

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

As much as this buggy nostalgia is nice, I have to say I would be keen to see some new, interesting buggy shells on modern chassis. Clearly tamiya can see the more scale style appeals, so why not something new? As a child of the 80s I love the shells, but the performance? Not so much. There is a reason I have a Grasshopper2 shell on my hopped up DT03 chassis and I didn't buy a GH2 ReRe. Anyone else feeling this?

I know what you mean but I have a 13.5T brushless in my Boomerang rere and it is awesome. TBH I think that the modern kits are better in that they are easier to build and more efficient, but performance hasn't changed that much. I'm comparing to a Kyosho Lazer ZX6 setup for 17.5T blinky so have a good yardstick...

So buy a Boomerang and be done with it! 😂

Mud Blaster?  Seems logical since they have already re-released the Black Foot and Monster Beetle.  It'd be nice if they included both the ABS hard body and polycarbonate too, like with the Subaru Brat.