Juggular

Any guess on re-re 2019?

I'm with others longing for a Dyna Storm. Or a 959 that didn't break in the middle :-D

• Like 1

I'm on the same time zone as Hong Kong and it's definitely the 2nd of April today !

• Haha 1

Does Hong Kong do the April Fools day custom??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCD said:

:lol: Maybe it was just the date? (I definitely clicked :rolleyes:)

I wouldn't read to much into it🤔 a few years ago stella was selling a load of 80s tamiya rc guides and before that they had 959 original yellow wheel sets every how and then these things pop up probably very old stock from somewhere! About 10ish years ago my local hobby shop (now long gone) found a load of 80s original kyosho le mans motors in a box which got stored underneath an old work bench I actually bought 2 of them and back in the early nineties I remember reading about a model shop (diecast models) on the south coast that someone contacted and had a load of old stock 60-70s corgi toys in his attic from a corner shop he owned the attic was full to the brim of new/old corgi diecast🤑!

• Like 2

See? My going to the Porsche museum to look at the 1:1 959 didn't go unnoticed. I single handedly pressured Tamiya into re-releasing the 1:12 959. I'm pretty proud of that, to say the least, and will humbly accept all the great thank-you gifts that all you 959 enthusiasts undoubtedly will heap upon me... 

And then I woke up. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, Raman36 said:

Hate to rain on your parade... but it won’t be on the original chassis.

it will be on the TA02 S just like the Lancia 037

Most likely, however don't forget Tamiya have the MF-01X chassis which has multiple wheelbase options, an easy RWD or 4WD choice, and the option of a mix and match approach to wishbones etc. based on the TL/M series - so it's feasible we could see a range of re-release Rally cars that all have a more scale appearance than before?

Jx

• Like 1

Anyone else massively underwhelmed at Tamiya RC efforts so far this year? Blue Brat - yawn. Couple of nice on road shells on basic modern chassis. Really? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Anyone else massively underwhelmed at Tamiya RC efforts so far this year? Blue Brat - yawn. Couple of nice on road shells on basic modern chassis. Really? 

Well the new Volvo Truck & Mountain Rider really appeal to me but over my RC budget. 

The Black Edition Fighter buggy is something I’m considering for a beach runner project/basher. But yes it would also be nice to see Tamiya stepping up to the plate a bit more now. 

Brushess, tough Juggernaut or something?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That only means they got all the less exciting, yet statistically inevitable stuff out of the way early. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

They are probably sitting on the DB03 which they were about to release and then you blew their cover.

I still think about that and hope they do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still want to believe in an end-of-year King Cab or Hilux Monster Racer re-release.  I don't know how the rights ownership for the decals works, but I'd even accept a generic Tamiya sponsors version if that is part of the problem.  I hate to think what name Tamiya would give it though.  Kong Cab?  Head-Lux?

• Haha 2

Madcap as I have just bought a load and now have on the shelf a MINT MadCap &  a VERY tide Saint Dragon....

Anyone needs any bits for either let me know as I have ended up with TONS of spares.

• Like 1

While I secretly hope for a Bush Devil, I know it will not happen. Was never a fan of the original Blackfoot/Mud Blaster/Monster Beetle gearbox. The Bush Devil, Super Blackfoot and King Blackfoot were so much better in this area imo.

• Like 2

I'd be sorely tempted by the Dyna Storm and Monster racer if they were rere'd.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, DK308 said:

While I secretly hope for a Bush Devil, I know it will not happen. Was never a fan of the original Blackfoot/Mud Blaster/Monster Beetle gearbox. The Bush Devil, Super Blackfoot and King Blackfoot were so much better in this area imo.

Ya right the original 3 had a massive Achilles heel gearbox and the Bush devil family gearbox was far better but I think this is when tamiya started to lose it's way a bit on the design of the vehicle's (in the looks department) 

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Ya right the original 3 had a massive Achilles heel gearbox and the Bush devil family gearbox was far better but I think this is when tamiya started to lose it's way a bit on the design of the vehicle's (in the looks department) 

Well, kind of. I don't think the Bush Devil and Super Blackfoot were designs that strayed too far in a bad direction. Yes, the bright neon pink of the Bush Devil was a new thing, but then again, I think it looks really cool. Black with neon pink accents was not uncommon in the late 80's and early 90's RC world. I do think Tamiya went a bit off with other models, that's for sure, but Tamiya has always been a brand that had both iconic models and questionable designs at any given time. I know I will most likely take some flack for this, but I mean, some models just look like oddities straight out of a toy store rather than hobby grade RC models. I know the Saint Dragon is an icon, but I look at it and wonder, "What the badword were they thinking?!", same for the Thunder Dragon.

Where I think Kyosho went for a more "serious" look back then, and had models that were sometimes more conservative and "adult" looking, Tamiya did not mind letting the fantasy run wild which was very cool, and I think the Bush Devil and that colour scheme was a breath of fresh air at the right time.

Just my o2.

• Like 1

Yeah your bang on when you say kyosho started getting serious! Tamiya started going down the dare I say toy(ish) route maybe they thought/knew that there was a good market down that route🤔 don't get me wrong the models aren't bad I just can't help thinking after the SRB'S, avante family, hotshot etc why not build on the success of those beauties!

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 2:27 AM, moffman said:

Yeah your bang on when you say kyosho started getting serious! Tamiya started going down the dare I say toy(ish) route maybe they thought/knew that there was a good market down that route🤔 don't get me wrong the models aren't bad I just can't help thinking after the SRB'S, avante family, hotshot etc why not build on the success of those beauties!

Frikn' Ditto and i hate that word! Ditto that is.

if it wasn't for the Buggyra (is one of the other reasons i came to this Great site) i probably would of not have been here (i'd would have been missing out) that all said The TRF419XR and TA07R are on post and in the air. i don't really want to post builds unless they are Tamiya's Thus The Tamiya Club. Thanx Tamiya Citizens you all helped me put my wallet on a :odiet..........................................................................................................:lol:

• Like 1