Juggular

Any guess on re-re 2019?

32 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

Wasn't the Manta Ray already re-re'd? Is the 2018 Manta Ray the same as the first re-re Manta Ray?

Huh, why so you're right... I guess there are still people who missed it the second time, like with the Lancia 037.

I don't know what the point of re-releasing the Top Force Evo would be without supplying its original titanium + aluminium hardware and hicap dampers. Since Tamiya skipped all that on the re-re Egress they're likely to skip it on the Top Force Evo as well. I wouldn't buy it.

It would be nice to see the Astute though. Would make life easier getting parts for a runner.

Over the years, I've never pulled the trigger on any 3-speed, including the less expensive ones they have now.  I would, however, start selling stuff immediately if they re-re'd the Blazing Blazer :) 

the rerere 2018 mantaray is not the same as the 2005 one, its better!

improved manual and plastic ended dog bones upgraded to Thundershot metal ones, there might be other tweeks as well!?😃 

• Like 3

the manta ray wont be sent out till at least the 10th april as tamiya uk "hobbiecompany" are stock taking atm

2 hours ago, taffer said:

the rerere 2018 mantaray is not the same as the 2005 one, its better!

improved manual and plastic ended dog bones upgraded to Thundershot metal ones, there might be other tweeks as well!?😃 

For fun, I just carefully compared the manuals of 2005 and 2018. The new manual is indeed a lot improved, but the instruction to lubricate in a lot more places (pivot points) is something I disapprove of.

As for actual technical changes, apart from the change of dogbones, as you mentioned, I could just find:

2005 came with the holes in the body for the MSC resistor and antenna punched. On the 2018, they aren't. The holes for mounting body and wing appear to still come punched though. Funnily, the manual still instructs to install the mount for the resistor. Possibly to support the body? Of course, the installation of the MSC is covered in the 2005 manual and isn't in the 2018 manual.

The 2018 manual instructs to place an (apparently aluminium) spacer under the screw that holds the rear bumper. The 2005 manual doesn't and it of course also wasn't included.

The 3x21mm screws with which the two halves of the lower suspension arms are joined, appear to be of a slightly different design, but they may not be in reality.

For the 2018, more alternative screws for mounting the servo saver to the servo, are shown and included.

In the 2005, 2 zip ties with plastic hooks were included. In the 2018, 5 zip ties with metal hooks are included.

In the 2018, a separate "Caution" sticker for the motor is included.

The 2005 came with 10 black O-rings. 2 for the front wheel axles, 8 for the dampers. The 2018 comes with 2 black O-rings for the wheel axles and 8 red O-rings for the dampers.

For mounting the dampers to the lower suspension arms, 4 pcs. 3x18mm screws are included in the 2018, but still 4 pcs. 3x14mm for mounting them to the shock towers. In the 2005, 8 pcs. 3x14mm are used.

In the 2005, regular Tamiya grease was included. The 2018 comes with ceramic grease.

In the 2005, the MSC-deck is mounted to the tub with 4 pcs. 3x10mm screws, In the 2018, 2 pcs. 3x10mm and 2 pcs. 3x15mm are used.

That's all I'm able to recognize.

Quite a lot of tiny, but useful and logical improvements really!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

Blimey guys....ever thought of becoming Forensic Scientists? :P

Heh, You should have been on the forum 10-12 years ago. This kind of intricate investigation and study of the subtle design changes was commonplace back then. Just don't bring up whether any of the original Hot Shot kits ever came with the gold wheels pictured on the box or not :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to see the following.

Top Force Evolution

Dyna Blaster

Nissan king Cab / Toyota Hilux

Dyna Storm

Avante 2001

I'd be happy if Tamiya re-released the classic Mini Cooper again.  The m-chassis just isn't the same without an actual Mini.

Noticed something about the upcoming Pajero re-release while looking at CC01s.

tamiya-47375_1.jpg

Looking at the numberplate, it seems like someone doesn't particularly like Tamiya Club.  :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Striker and Sonic Fighter 2018 with removable driver plate so its a bit easier to paint!

im suprised the unimog 425 body hasnt appeared on a cr-01 yet either!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blista said:

I'd be happy if Tamiya re-released the classic Mini Cooper again.  The m-chassis just isn't the same without an actual Mini.

Noticed something about the upcoming Pajero re-release while looking at CC01s.

tamiya-47375_1.jpg

Looking at the numberplate, it seems like someone doesn't particularly like Tamiya Club.  :ph34r:

:lol: It's a German licence plate and in Germany, one letter before the hyphen (now tax/MOT stickers on the rear plate, space on the front plate) is used for large towns/areas, 2 letters for medium size towns/areas and 3 letters for small towns/areas. The letters and digits behind the hyphen is random unless you pay an additional 10 Euro, in which case you can choose freely a combination of letters and digits. As for the random combination, it has to start with letter(s) and end with digit(s). I don't know the exact numbers of letters and digits, but I believe a maximum of 3 and a minimum of 1 letters, then as many digits as there is space left.  Some combinations considered offensive are prohibited though.

That said, I have seen some combinations that surely can be considered offensive, like a car from SEsen, with the ending XY69, and a car from EBErsberg, with the ending NE69 (Ebene means "level"). Also, I have seen claims that it's not prohibited to choose the letters AB in the town Aachen, which has the letters AC before the hyphen/space. I don't know if this is true though.

As an example, when I bought my new car last year, I got the two letters for the area I live in, then chose my girlfriend's initials (ME) and her birthday 7870 (7. August, 1970).

Similarly for the Pajero, FÜ is for Fürth , the town the German Tamiya distributor is located in, which is hardly a coincidence. Then possibly T for "Tamiya" and C for "Carson", the German distributor's own brand.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I don't know the exact numbers of letters and digits, but I believe a maximum of 3 letters for large towns, 2 for medium and 1 for small, then as many digits as there is space left.

The maximum of digits is 8, which includes final characters like „H“ or „E“ for historic or electric cars.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, taffer said:

im suprised the unimog 425 body hasnt appeared on a cr-01 yet either!

Or a CW-01.  My money's waiting.

Is it just me (probably is) or has it been a bit boring and quiet on the re-releases and new RC's from tamiya over the last year?:mellow: yeah we got the manta ray coming but that's been done before! I'm just looking at the years of the avante 2011 the same year the black special avante and the super hotshot following years the fighting buggy, monster beetle etc then it all stopped with the bigwig:huh:? Come on tamiya get the ball rolling again:D!

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Is it just me (probably is) or has it been a bit boring and quiet on the re-releases and new RC's from tamiya over the last year?:mellow: yeah we got the manta ray coming but that's been done before! I'm just looking at the years of the avante 2011 the same year the black special avante and the super hotshot following years the fighting buggy, monster beetle etc then it all stopped with the bigwig:huh:? Come on tamiya get the ball rolling again:D!

Yes, seems to have let up some. Would have liked to see a Falcon,  Dirt Thrasher, Terra Scorcher, 959, and another Dyna Storm run. Possibly sales have slumped a bit?  I even thought Kyosho would have re-released an original Ultima by now, but I guess not enough interest.

That's because the Dirt Thrasher, Terra Scorcher and Dyna Storm are ugly as sin and the goofy Falcon uses an entire bin of proprietary parts. No, no, no and no. 

959 you say? Yes please :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWarty said:

That's because the Dirt Thrasher, Terra Scorcher and Dyna Storm are ugly as sin and the goofy Falcon uses an entire bin of proprietary parts. No, no, no and no. 

959 you say? Yes please :D

Yep I'll go with you on the 959 but it has to be a proper re-release not the 959 on some random tb chassis and a super astute...........got to have a super astute:wub: 

• Like 1

They need to bring something truly exciting back as the whole vintage & re-release scene is seriously dull at the moment, and has been for some time now. The last time I was truly stoked for a Tamiya re-release was probably with the Egress. That's now 5 years ago.

There are still five or six vintage kits that could set this place on fire again like the old days if they were brought back. Make it happen, Mr Tamiya.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moffman said:

Yep I'll go with you on the 959 but it has to be a proper re-release not the 959 on some random tb chassis and a super astute...........got to have a super astute:wub: 

I do love the look of the Astutes, both regular and Super :)

On 4/17/2018 at 6:07 PM, Wandy said:

They need to bring something truly exciting back as the whole vintage & re-release scene is seriously dull at the moment, and has been for some time now. The last time I was truly stoked for a Tamiya re-release was probably with the Egress. That's now 5 years ago.

There are still five or six vintage kits that could set this place on fire again like the old days if they were brought back. Make it happen, Mr Tamiya.

what kits are you thinking about, out of curiosity?

Must be Striker, Sonic Fighter, Falcon and Bearhawk.....

If the rerere manta ray is approx £110, then these 4 kits should be even cheaper!!!

1 hour ago, taffer said:

Must be Striker, Sonic Fighter, Falcon and Bearhawk.....

If the rerere manta ray is approx £110, then these 4 kits should be even cheaper!!!

We'll definitely see the Striker and Sonic Fighter in my opinion. The parts shared between the Falcon, Bearhawk and Blitzer are too few and far between. At least Falcon owners finally got new tires ;)