Juggular

Any guess on re-re 2019?

Recommended Posts

with the falcon tamiya could do a 'shark mouth' alternative to create an extra model, although the fox only had one so i dont think it matters too much

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

what kits are you thinking about, out of curiosity?

The "Big Five" that would reignite the re-release scene are the #58028 Toyota Hilux, #58029 Blazing Blazer, #58059 Porsche 959, #58064 Toyota Celica and finally the #58027 Ford Ranger XLT. They have now been anticipated for many years but they are all starting to look increasingly unlikely as each year passes.

After those key models you have the "second tier" of desireable re-releases. These would be the #58056 Falcon, #58062 Hotshot 2, #58080 Astute, #58081 King Cab, #58085 Avante 2001, #58086 Toyota Hilux & #58107 Top Force Evolution.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you would think at some point the ford ranger will be done..maybe when stock gets low on the fighting buggy...cause you know there are tons and tons of sand scorchers left ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wandy said:

The "Big Five" that would reignite the re-release scene are the #58028 Toyota Hilux, #58029 Blazing Blazer, #58059 Porsche 959, #58064 Toyota Celica and finally the #58027 Ford Ranger XLT. They have now been anticipated for many years but they are all starting to look increasingly unlikely as each year passes.

After those key models you have the "second tier" of desireable re-releases. These would be the #58056 Falcon, #58062 Hotshot 2, #58080 Astute, #58081 King Cab, #58085 Avante 2001, #58086 Toyota Hilux & #58107 Top Force Evolution.

I agree it's starting to look sparse now as to what else Tamiya could re-release that would sell in any kind of numbers to make sense doing, after so many have already been done. I agree with your list as to what's left that's going to spark any interest, but would truncate it further to the following with one addition:

58062 Hotshot II - best looking of the lot of the hotshot series, has enough hotshot in it to still be desirable, but different enough to sell in it's own right, and at a price that will appeal to people other than just die hard collectors.

58064 Toyota Celica - Different enough from everything else done before for people to want to add to a collection.

58085 Avante 2001 or 58076 Vanquish. For those of us that can't justify the price of a full on avante or Egress, the vanquish would make a good budget entry car with Avante drive-train.

I can't see the 58028 or 58029 being re-done, they would very expensive models and being so early in the numbering and being so expensive BITD I think they would now only appeal to die hard collectors with very deep pockets. Can't see the Foul can happening, or the King Cab series, and the TF Evo would be a nice to have, but we've just the Top Force re-released again this year so can't that one happening for several years more yet.

Just my 2 cents shooting wildly in the dark ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My shout from a business/volume point of view is being back the base models in the high end buggy families, the Vanquish and the Madcap/Saint Dragon. These would be cheap enough to sell in volume, would be snapped up for parts/spares by the Vintage communities, and hop ups like shocks, carbon chassis kits/shock towers could be sold either by tamiya or leave it to the aftermarket to plug the gaps. It would even be pretty easy to address a couple of the original short comings like using Blitzer uprights and regular modern driveshafts on the Madcap. Minimises new part count and helps fix a historic problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2018 at 9:52 PM, MadInventor said:

I can't see the 58028 or 58029 being re-done, they would very expensive models and being so early in the numbering and being so expensive BITD I think they would now only appeal to die hard collectors with very deep pockets. Can't see the Foul can happening, or the King Cab series, and the TF Evo would be a nice to have, but we've just the Top Force re-released again this year so can't that one happening for several years more yet.

I disagree with this. The demand from enthusiasts for the big-hitter/high cost re-releases must still be strong among the vintage RC community...otherwise Tamiya would not be re-re-releasing kits like the Avante 2011 & Egress. Re-releases are still obviously selling well but why Tamiya have not brought back the other two vintage 3-speeds yet is hard to fathom. After all, they created an all-new transmission for the Bruiser & Mountain Rider which could easily be shoehorned into the old Blazer/Hilux chassis with a bit of tinkering. Maybe they just don't want too many 3 speeds on the market at the same time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in any order, tamiya falcon, Original Toyota hilux 3 speed, ranger srb, blazing blazer 3 speed..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would totally buy a Thunder Dragon. Didn't they do the Fire Dragon several years ago?

I know it's looks divide people but I just love how outrageously flamboyant and silly it is, even if it's a coat of yellow paint away from being cheese on wheels. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the chances of a Top Force Evo being rereleased?  I am really tempted by the Top Force but if the Evo looks likely then I would wait for that, not that it would really matter as I have the modern racers and this would end up next to the Boomerang on the shelf with the occassional run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What are the chances of a Top Force Evo being rereleased?  I am really tempted by the Top Force but if the Evo looks likely then I would wait for that, not that it would really matter as I have the modern racers and this would end up next to the Boomerang on the shelf with the occassional run.

It was re-released late last year... can probably still get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JNSD1 said:

It was re-released late last year... can probably still get it.

Sorry, I lie, the Top Force, not the evo...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JNSD1 said:

It was re-released late last year... can probably still get it.

The Top Force was but I'm talking about the Top Force Evo.  I am seeing the Top Force everywhere at the moment, I think there was another run of the 2017 release done as its in all the hobby shops at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The Top Force was but I'm talking about the Top Force Evo.  I am seeing the Top Force everywhere at the moment, I think there was another run of the 2017 release done as its in all the hobby shops at the moment.

Yeah it's tempting me badly...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 3:06 AM, Blista said:

I noticed Mokei Kagaku mentioning on Facebook the XV01 Pro Touring Car chassis might be up for re-release soon.  I had my Tamiya spending all planned for the rest of the year and now this re-release throws a spanner in the works.

 

Is this the same as the Lancia XV01 chassis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dc-arena said:

Is this the same as the Lancia XV01 chassis?

Yes and no.  It is the same basic chassis but a lot has been altered to make it suitable for on-road only.  Suspension, steering, dampers, etc are different and it doesn't have the belt covers, mudguards, and ESC cover.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 7:13 AM, Wandy said:

The "Big Five" that would reignite the re-release scene are the #58028 Toyota Hilux, #58029 Blazing Blazer, #58059 Porsche 959, #58064 Toyota Celica and finally the #58027 Ford Ranger XLT. They have now been anticipated for many years but they are all starting to look increasingly unlikely as each year passes.

After those key models you have the "second tier" of desireable re-releases. These would be the #58056 Falcon, #58062 Hotshot 2, #58080 Astute, #58081 King Cab, #58085 Avante 2001, #58086 Toyota Hilux & #58107 Top Force Evolution.

I hear you Wandy, the hilux and 959 would do for me... Suprised they have not been released sooner... We have been waiting a long time ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see a re-release of the Opel Ascona. But modified, a body with smaller wheel arches sitting on a standard touring car or rally chassis. Just the same as they did with the re-release of the Lancia 037, make it look much more scale than the original kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please Tamiya for the love of God do the Astute and King Cab already. Put the TRF 201 differential in them like you did in the Egress and BS Avante and they will be bulletproof. Those two cars will be very basheable with improved differentials. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 10:13 PM, Wandy said:

The "Big Five" that would reignite the re-release scene are the #58028 Toyota Hilux, #58029 Blazing Blazer, #58059 Porsche 959, #58064 Toyota Celica and finally the #58027 Ford Ranger XLT. They have now been anticipated for many years but they are all starting to look increasingly unlikely as each year passes.

After those key models you have the "second tier" of desireable re-releases. These would be the #58056 Falcon, #58062 Hotshot 2, #58080 Astute, #58081 King Cab, #58085 Avante 2001, #58086 Toyota Hilux & #58107 Top Force Evolution.

It’s a pipe dream !

I’m 100% with you though on these iconic cars being released , part of me regarding this hobby has faded , like these Tamiya great kits .

Understand it’s good business to keep releasing the sellers , but in so many different variations beggars belief .

Never been big on hanging for a company to release or re-issue something , tends to make me shutdown refuse to be held to ransom of sorts with the same tired kits released in different colours or with spots or a shark mouth .

I don’t begin to understand their business model , and I’m past caring .

Although do like the kits I have and very grateful for what I have .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TLT trucks get no like on here?, I know they weren't great in the first place     stock form  but lots of room for improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 4:52 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

The TLT trucks get no like on here?, I know they weren't great in the first place     stock form  but lots of room for improvement.

It's not that they get no love, they are new still. There is the TLT-2 now as well so you can say it's already re-red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biz73 said:

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/supreme-edition-tamiya-hornet-rc-car/

@Swarm, what were you saying about different colorways? Supreme is so corny.

 

Yup agreed - They look like cheap kids toys like you would find a $2 shop .

Majority of Tamiya enthusiasts or collectors are well into their 30’s and older , who try and obtain those kits we could not get as a child - hence the saving grace of the re re or selected re re kits only .

Those fancy coloured rubbish looking cars are more for the 10 - 16 year olds -  but they are far and few between - in fact I know of no young person who is a keen Tamiya enthusiast-apart from the odd kit they may build under their dads guidance .

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swarm said:

 

Yup agreed - They look like cheap kids toys like you would find a $2 shop .

Majority of Tamiya enthusiasts or collectors are well into their 30’s and older , who try and obtain those kits we could not get as a child - hence the saving grace of the re re or selected re re kits only .

Those fancy coloured rubbish looking cars are more for the 10 - 16 year olds -  but they are far and few between - in fact I know of no young person who is a keen Tamiya enthusiast-apart from the odd kit they may build under their dads guidance .

 

Yeah I think regrettably your right about the young rc enthusiast🤔 it really pains me to say that but unfortunately if it's not somehow attached to a phone there's no interest and just look around the streets (I can only speak for the uk) you don't see kids out in mass on bikes chalking on pavements up tree's and indeed playing or kicking the rc car around because the batteries gone dead😯! other than the odd huddy rat it's generally quiet! Very sad😔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now