Juggular

Any guess on re-re 2019?

You do around here - out on scooters and pushbikes, harassing the elderly, injuring neighbourhood cats, damaging cars, etc. I wish they would pack it in and go play on their phones...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GTodd said:

It's not that they get no love, they are new still. There is the TLT-2 now as well so you can say it's already re-red.

You thinking of TXT?
TLT is the little version;

tamiya-tlt-1-rock-buster.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GTodd said:

It's not that they get no love, they are new still. There is the TLT-2 now as well so you can say it's already re-red.

As @TWINSET says I was talking about the Tamiya Little truck. Bring that back.

Definitely another vote for the TLT - very nice little trucks.

A re-re would be great or an updated version could be awesome.

Go on Tamiya, you know you want to!! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, IBIFTKH said:

Definitely another vote for the TLT - very nice little trucks.

A re-re would be great or an updated version could be awesome.

Go on Tamiya, you know you want to!! :) 

Probably half the TLTs were converted to 4 link suspension for a full sized crawler.  

Tamiya could put sticky and tall tires on it (maybe 4.3 - 4.4 inch because 4 inch was too small 4.5 was a bit too big).  It could be a proper crawler.  Monster Beetle tires were completely useless as crawler tires (too slippery).  Those golden shocks are tall and supple, they do allow adequate articulation. 

2 dog bones, 8 links, new tires and maybe a gear cover... Voila!  Without having to do much, Tamiya has a proper entry-level crawler.  Something in between CC01 and CR01.  It won't beat SCX10, but at about half the price of CR01, it could be well received. 

(The center ball diff is too weak. They should make it solid.  For mine, I got friction pegs to replace the steel balls --a TC member recommended them--.  And I have a 45t motor.  I should install them.)  

2EO1dK0.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 10:31 AM, Snappy1 said:

Top Force Evo, Porsche 959, Astute, Hotshot II, Thundershot,Super Sabre,Terra Conqueror,   well they are the ones I want re re'd

im hoping for hotshot2 and 959

• Thanks 1

@scoobybooster excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between the normal Avante and the black one? I get the colour scheme and wheels but is there something  else I'm missing? Or were they just super rare limited edition? 

Besides the differences you mentioned, the Black A. had as bonus  the racing Steering set and torque splitter set included, also a Special dedicated 25t GT Tuned , and of course, a completely different boxart on the decklid.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scoobybooster said:

Super Astute and Black Avante 2011 are back in the game

Back in the game in that they're being re-re'd, or that people have said they'd like them to be? :D

34 minutes ago, legooolas said:

Back in the game in that they're being re-re'd, or that people have said they'd like them to be? :D

Both, because i assume the former would not happen without the second;-)

My wild guess is that there won't be any of the significant rereleases for quite a while.

I think they know their target market for these things is overwhelmingly Generation X, who as they move closer to retirement age, will likely be spending more on hobbies

barring any catastrophic financial collapse.

So I think they'll be wanting to save a few for their 50th anniversary. Not too long to wait and see I guess.

OMG please send help. Need support group now.

I don't even have my Avante I got earlier in the year or my Egress that turned up two weeks ago built and now this... A BLACK SPECIAL!!!!

I was worried about Tamiya until today. 

Although admittedly it does raise the question as to "why the Avante Black?". Astute I get it, but with the release of the Avante ealrier this year, there are so many more options.

Imagine a OG red Clod with bowtie grille? Or a Jugg? Gahhhhhhh

50 minutes ago, mastino said:

waiting for S.A. Really, will be my last purchase.

S.A???? Super Astute?

On 8/20/2018 at 5:57 AM, scoobybooster said:

Super Astute and Black Avante 2011 are back in the game

On 8/13/2018 at 4:52 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

It's just good business. Tamiya has all the parts already with the Avante 2011 and Egress 2013 back in production. All "they" need to do is toss in the ball bearing stearing and ball diffs into the Avante box, and raise the price $100 more. Easy.

I'm like  a broken record with re-releases. I want a hilux monster racer. :rolleyes:

* Also the king cab and a original mud blaster re-re

• Like 1

Or more separate component packages for custom builds. Spares are available but often it is cheaper to buy the whole kit and sell the parts you don't need.

WR02 gearbox with any width arms you want.

Clod gearbox 

I wonder if the new portals will be hex drive and fit on many models? 

Cheers @Terz1 It's one of those cars, not great in stock form but got potential, would be nice to see a modern one.

Edit2add: Also want to see factory made chassis rails to accept multiple gearboxes. 6x6 wild dagger, 6x6 clod, 8x8 cars, trikes, and custom bikes would be much easier.

It would also suit the new range of comical buggies, have adjustable chassis rails that accept multiple gearboxes and suspension options.

• Like 1

It looks like Tamiya are on this all ready but bolt on parts to upgrade existing cars. like hex driven portals, C hubs that bolt on existing axles to provide steering options. double wishbone front for lunchbox,  RC kits are being sold for the mini 4wd kits. Tamiya should make their own.

Would like 1/32 mini RC series

fully adjustable chassis rails for WR02 gearbox

Tlt chassis with slight re-design, then all the most popular bodies get shrunk, mini lunchbox, clod, monster beetle, blackfoot.