omuir

receiver is flashing and beeping

Hi, my son just got a 'rising fighter' for christmas, we are total novices, but we have managed to get the car running, it seems to go forward when it should go backwards and visa versa, however that didn't stop him from using it and loving it. The pressing problem now is that it doesn't move at all. When we switch it on, it just beeps and a red light flashes on the receiver.

please help us to solve this in very simple terms, so me and my 8 year old may understand

many thanks and happy new year

First problem is easy fix. Radio transmitter will have servo reverse switch for throttle. Flick this and you will now have forward motion with forward throttle. On second issue have a quick read of speed controller instructions. They were in the bag with the speed controller and will explain correct setup and troubleshooting. May be set for wrong battery type or just that the battery is flat. There is a cut out that lets you steer but not enough juice to power motor so the esc shuts that function down stops it running onto a wall.

hi, it is the receiver that is flashing not the speed controller,  the instructions for the Esc give various set up instructions, high point set up, neutral break set up, brake set up, reverse setup, low voltage protection setup, motor mode setup, .... do i have to do any of these?

from the trouble shooting page, it suggests ' low voltage protection function activated . recharge battery.'

so i could try this again although it has been charged , i don't know what else to try...

thanks

What receiver are you using? And do you have the manual for that? Mine have a solid green (or blue for xanwa) light unless there is a problem and then there is the troubleshooting list. It may be that the tx and rx need to be bound again (unusual but possible) or as simple as flat batteries in the tx (did you get them out of remotes on xmas morning...) and it not giving a signal.

no manual for the receiver it came with the transmitter no instructions. the receiver is called flysky fs a3. batteries are not flat on the transmitter. ...

hi, the battery has been charged again over night, and we still have flashing and beeping and no movement,  any more ideas? 

thank you 

hi, what esc are you using?

has the esc a bec (a bec limits the voltage for the receiver,lets say to 6V ) circuit built in or is it without a bec?

the flysky fs a3 receiver can take max 6.5V:

http://www.flysky-cn.com/products_detail/productId=45.html

if the esc has no bec, the receiver got to many volts (as much as your battery pack has) and is maybe damaged, sometimes it works for a short period until the receiver is fried...

The esc came with the car kit, it is called Tamiya TBLE-02S, i dont know if it has a bec , i cant see it mentioned in the instructions ....

the receiver doesnt look fried from the outside...  

The TBLE-02 has a built-in BEC, so you won't have fried your receiver through over-voltage.

As others have mentioned, the most likely issue is that the transmitter and receiver need to be rebound. If no instructions came with the set, perhaps you can find some online?

so.. we used this video to try re binding but it has made no difference .....

?

i have unstuck the esc from its position and can now see that it is flashing green , (it wasn't possible to see this before). The receiver is still flashing red. and there is still a beeping sound and no movement. ( apart from a short twitch of the front wheels as the car switch is turned on.)

so nothing has changed i'm just trying to add more detail. 

on the esc trouble shooting instructions page there is no category for green flashing...

?

ok, if the binding was successful and nothing changed, there is one more thing i can think of:

the GT2E transmitter is able to send signals in two different Systems (Protocol): AFHDS2A and AFHDS, i think the AFHDS2A is for the receiver included and AFHDS is for older receivers.Try to change the system, maybe you have changed it by accident while trying to solve the problem?

gt2e.PNG.3e89370a04e6e70fe7bef74117e93810.PNG

thank you, how do we know if the binding was successful?  any way we will try this in the morning.

do we have to do this in the same way as we did the binding with the binding key in the receiver. or do we leave the wires in the receiver as they should be for normal use?

Thank you very much for trying to help

it is possible that we have accidentally changed something, my children tend to press buttons whenever they see them...

FlySky? Afaik the red led on RX should be solid on when it's connected, only flashing when searching for sync & off when it's unconnected.

Plug the sync plug into CH3 (Bind?) hole and power on the RX (via ESC). Then press the sync button on TX and let the 2 sit there flashing near each other for a minute or 3. 

Oddity with the FlySky seems to be it'll sit there forever blinking if you let it. But after my patience runs out, power off both sides and remove sync plug... then power on both sides again and then I find they're sync'd.

Whereas other brands usually just sync (in about 3-5s) & start working soon as they're ready, they don't keep blinking forever & needing power cycling to confirm its sync'd.

FlySky also has a failsafe function, set this after you're done finetuning the trims. Think you just press the button on RX and it'll remember the position of all channels at that moment. It'll return to that position whenever RX loses signal from TX... (Eg you DON'T want failsafe position set at full throttle)

hi omuir,

I think the label on the receiver can be misleading, as the designation chart for the slots is smaller than the slots:

fs3a.PNG.a2c4b5c4ab37009ce2e28a599dc87c2c.PNG because

referring to the manual, to me it looks like the bind plug goes into slot 4 and the battery in slot 3, but i think the battery can be plugged in everywhere else

fs3a1.PNG.48d80487d7a869b37d3ef242b7639306.PNG

@ WillyChang: or is this a known mistake in the manual?

ahhh, the receiver is still flashing red, the esc is still flashing green and beeping, the car is still not responding

we tried re setting to the AFHDS2A system and it was already on the right system 

i have tried binding for a few minutes, with both ways of putting the wires in the receiver, 

its still flashing and beeping....

do not despair, we've all had that time ... somehow

this is how it works for me:

1 transmitter off
2 receiver without any plugs
3 insert bind plug to slot 4
4 insert esc(off) plug to slot 3 (i use a seperate bat box)
5 esc on (must be connected to battery)
6 receiver starts flashing
7 transmitter still off, press bind button and hold
8 transmitter on
9 release bind button of transmitter
10 receiver stops flashing , led solid on (binding done)
11 esc off
12 transmitter off
13 remove bind plug, insert esc to slot 2, steering servo to slot 1
15 transmitter on
16 esc on (receiver on)
17 steering and throttle should respond now......

so we get to step 10 but the receiver does not stop flashing, i'm starting to think that the receiver has broken?  maybe it got wet. 

if the receiver got wet, remove the housing and dry the pcb and the housing overnight on a radiator.

step 9: if you keep on pushing the bind button, the receiver also keeps on flashing?
maybe the changed the software wtihout notice, try to keep on pushing for min. 5 sec, and go on with the list.

3 hours ago, a.w.k. said:

do not despair, we've all had that time ... somehow

this is how it works for me:

1 transmitter off
2 receiver without any plugs
3 insert bind plug to slot 4
4 insert esc(off) plug to slot 3 (i use a seperate bat box)
5 esc on (must be connected to battery)
6 receiver starts flashing
7 transmitter still off, press bind button and hold
8 transmitter on
9 release bind button of transmitter
10 receiver stops flashing , led solid on (binding done)
11 esc off
12 transmitter off
13 remove bind plug, insert esc to slot 2, steering servo to slot 1
15 transmitter on
16 esc on (receiver on)
17 steering and throttle should respond now......

Here's the thing... at your #10, mine NEVER stop flashing!

I wait a minute or 2 then shutdown.

Got about a dozen FlySky RXes, half that in TXes - all done same.

(multiple RXes can sync to same 1 TX and all remain working)

I stick the bind plug into Ch3 hole.

Most recent FlySky RXes are supposedly waterproof too.