Losi XXT-CR

What is the clear grease included in the kits?

I was always told the standard tamiya grease was essentially petroleum jelly like Vaseline but thinner. No idea if that's true.

Grease is like a never ending RC topic. Some petroleum based lubes can affect plastic but not all. Most synthetics won't damage plastic but some WILL!

I can only speak from my own experience here but I have observed the following:

Carlube multi purpose lithium grease: This is a cheap brown grease that definitely has minerals in it but I have used it on many vehicles for over 3 years now with no ill effect. I haven't used it on any parts I couldn't replace though just in case!

Lucas Red N Tacky: Also smells like it has a mineral base but I contacted Lucas and they claim it has very good compatibility with plastics *shrug* this is my go to general purpose grease these days. The name is a little misleading because in reality it is is it the same NLGI 2 consistency as most general purpose greases and as long as you apply an appropriate amount you will get buttery smooth gears. Some RC greases are NLGI 1 but I find when it's this thin, it just flies off the gears and all over the gearbox casing. 

Super Lube: This is probably one of the most suitable greases for plastic RC gears that wasn't designed specifically for it. It's silicone based and has teflon/ptfe additives. It's plastic safe and again, if applied sparingly it will give a beautifully smooth performance once it's evenly distributed around the gears. I use this stuff for rare and/or vintage gears where no replacements are easily obtainable such as my old Nikkos etc. I have had great results with the other two greases but Super Lube is the only one I'm 10000% sure is plastic safe without any uncertainty.