mman2005

WTD Thundershot Front & Rear Hub Carriers (C parts tree)

Hi all,

Me again :rolleyes:

I am after a brand new or hardly used C parts tree for a vintage Thundershot. The part number is 9005256. I am specifically after parts C1 and C3. They need to look like the 2 on the left of the attached picture. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.

Hub_Carriers.jpg

Is there nobody out there that has these C parts available to sell? Pleeeeeaaasssee!!!! 

the two on the left are the rare first issue only version 1 of the hubs, found on the thunderdragon as well i think.

after this the v2 ones on the right went into production, seemingly stronger...

ive only seen a new set once in the last year, the v2 are still commonplace....

i have a set of near new ones which im keeping to scan and 3d print in the future (because no one has done it yet!) so unfortunately mine are not for sale

23 minutes ago, taffer said:

the two on the left are the rare first issue only version 1 of the hubs, found on the thunderdragon as well i think.

after this the v2 ones on the right went into production, seemingly stronger...

ive only seen a new set once in the last year, the v2 are still commonplace....

i have a set of near new ones which im keeping to scan and 3d print in the future (because no one has done it yet!) so unfortunately mine are not for sale

Thanks for the info taffer. These are the hardest parts for me to find. I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope something comes up. I get so impatient with these things! :rolleyes: I have a used V1 set but for a shelfer they need to be new/near new. I hadn't even noticed the difference between v1 and v2 until I got a couple of bits off you recently. If you're ever going to part with them, please bear me in mind 

15 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Is there nobody out there that has these C parts available to sell? Pleeeeeaaasssee!!!! 

Hiya! Just had a look at my Thunder Dragon and my buggy does have those original parts. They are very well used, but still on the buggy and running strong. The fronts I have spare as I made some 10 deg caster c hubs of my own, and the rears are on the buggy so I'd need to swap for the newer versions so I can replace them. If you have the newer versions of both spare I'll do you a swap. PM me.

14 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Hiya! Just had a look at my Thunder Dragon and my buggy does have those original parts. They are very well used, but still on the buggy and running strong. The fronts I have spare as I made some 10 deg caster c hubs of my own, and the rears are on the buggy so I'd need to swap for the newer versions so I can replace them. If you have the newer versions of both spare I'll do you a swap. PM me.

Hi Thunder. Thank you for the offer but the the original parts I need are to be for a shelfer so need to look as close to spotless as possible. Cheers anyway

Hi all. I have now managed to acquire the correct parts. Thanks all for your help.