ALEXKYRIAK

AlexKyriak’s TT02B MS* (*Monster-y Something...)

Sweet looking!  That is a great color.  I did a Stampede body with that color,  backed in white.  Judging by the pictures,  there isn't that much of a difference really.

Is this a runner shell?  Looks like your steering will be limited at the current body height.

• Thanks 1

That looks great! I really like that wheel / tyre combination - I have it waiting for a WW2 project I have in mind.

• Thanks 1

@ALEXKYRIAK That looks brilliant. Love how low you got the body. After doing my azarashi shell metallic purple with backing I am a big fan of these tamiya metallics. That blue looks great. Get some stickers on it then get it dirty!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

@kwkenuf if you mean tyre to shell contact, yes the steering is very slightly limited as at full lock the inside of the wheel just touches the side face of the shell. I will leave it like this to see how it goes, can always cut it back a bit if need be. 

@Badcrumble yeah the wheel tyre combo is awesome. I can’t believe that the car that combo was released on however is the Toyota Land Cruiser GF-01 - that tyre and black wheel requires something much cooler to be riding around on in my humble opinion....!

@ThunderDragonCy it took a long time to test fit over and over, but I found I could drop the shell quite a lot by a) utilising the recess at the rear of the shell to fit over the rear mount, and  also by B) very slightly flexing the bonnet over the front diff casing and front bumper, this allows the shell to drop tight on the front. This is only possible due to the Kamtec shell being a little more flexible than a standard Tamiya shell. The Kamtec shell is fairly basic and the finish is a little wobbly at some edges (the nose for example), but it was also super cheap, something like £10, so you get what you pay for - it also came with window masks.... :)

• Like 1

what do you think about fitting the tt02 carbon damper stay? too short for dampers?

Hi @vodka, re: the TT02 stays - not sure to be honest, I've only ever fitted the TT02B set. The TT02 set might be too short for buggy dampers, but I haven't tried this before. What are you trying to achieve? Which component are you considering to use together?

1 minute ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Hi @vodka, re: the TT02 stays - not sure to be honest, I've only ever fitted the TT02B set. The TT02 set might be too short for buggy dampers, but I haven't tried this before. What are you trying to achieve? Which component are you considering to use together?

A simpler and solid body mount (4 mounting point), and maybe we can use the original buggy shell to protect the electronics.

The tt02 carbon have only 2 screw holes, but with upper arm mount #54651 we can offload some weight.

The issue are the rear dampers, too long, and I don't know how the car handles with this mod (I've googled around and it's not common to have 4 equal dampers)

...or maybe design something like this for Fibre-lyte?

carbon.png

Have been playing with home made sticker designs, printed at MCI Racing for this car (and also for the experimental DF-01 build). 

Vinyl is quite thick but generally print quality is pretty good. May need to stick a few more decals onto this car (which I have already had printed just not quite sure how to use them yet) but I quite like the look as is  

Stickers test

Stickers test

• Like 5

Hey all, found this thread as I'm looking to do something similar. Has anyone tried the Kyosho Beetle body or the Kyosho Mad Bug body on a TT02B ? The Kyosho Beetle body is still available but I've only seen the Mad Bug bodies sold on AliExpress, which may be replicas ?