Sign in to follow this  
scollins

lucky find- Nostalgic Series GT-40

Another amazing low-priced deal found accidentally on Craigslist just trolling before Christmas 2017. A perfect condition Kyosho nostalgic series GT-40 body set (circa 1996) with no trimming started, these are so incredibly hard to come by as many know. Amazing, he even had the correct wheels my first time having a set which will be used on my Gulf livery car I built over 10 years ago. The seller was so good to work with and packed it so nicely - I wish all online transactions went this smooth. The chassis will get fully cleaned, old electronics removed and a vintage Kyosho LeMans 600E motor added along with ball bearings and oil dampers from a re-re Scorpion. My other two GT-40's have Tamiya TA-02 chassis underneath, but are difficult to get the body down low enough in front due to the shock tower/body mounting attachments. So this time I will give the 2WD Mantis chassis a try again like my Daytona coupe has. Depending on what happens I may sell my dark blue bodyshell stripped and re-painted GT-40.

Any other thoughts on color combos or livery tweaks?

gt1.jpg

gt2.jpg

gt3.jpg

• Like 2

Great find!

I personally really like the GT40 in yellow
1968-Ford-GT40-2.jpg

But I found this one, and liked it too with it's two-tone pinstripes
gt40-3.jpg

Sweet! Can't wait to see how this one comes out! All your other vintage Kyosho creations are awesome!

Awesome find. Those nostalgic series cars are one of my favorites. 

• Like 1