WillyChang

FlySky radiogear Binding/Setup

Have a pile of electronics on workbench... thought I'd do some refamiliarising with FlySky:-

dJesu16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Above pic is showing FlySky GT2 transmitter & GR3E receiver.

also have Absima and HSP (basic RTR-style 2ch) radios & RXes... they all speak the same FlySky language & talk fine to one another

• Like 1

Tip #1:-

Looked closely at the RXes... these two:-

• Absima R3FS
  • FlySky GR3E

casing looked identical (other than label) but they're different in where to put the BIND plug... GR3E likes it in CH3, R3FS wants it in 4th slot.

Otherwise it won't trigger Bind mode -_-

• Like 1

WIRING UP

There are 4X 3-pin plug slots in the RX.

Ch1 is closest to the edge.

Pins are Futaba-J/Sanwa sequence... signal=white / red=Pos / black=Neg with the latter closest to the edge.

Plug a servo into CH1

Plug an ESC or similar powersource into CH2. ESC takes power from drive battery, check that it's feeding power via "BEC" to the RX.

Switch on the ESC & check that RX powers up... the red LED on RX should blink leisurely (~1Hz). Sometimes the servo might twitch.

Red LED blinking leisurely = IN FAILSAFE MODE :mellow:

Turn off power.

Get TX ready with batteries installed.

FLYSKY & compatriots BINDING PROCEDURE

Ok now that we know what Failsafe blinking mode looks like... plug the Bind plug INTO THE CORRECT SLOT REQUIRED (read RX label!!)

Turn power on to RX... red LED should now BLINK FASTER (~2Hz)

Poke the Bind button on TX whilst turning on its power... green LED flashing.

Red LED on RX goes solid on pretty instantaneously, however nothing else happens. (UNLIKE MOST OTHER BRANDS OF RADIOGEAR WHICH USUALLY JUST START WORKING FROM NOW)

Even if you turn off the TX... the RX's red LED stays solid on.

(and if you did switch the TX back on now... RX still does nothing)

Turn off the RX, remove the bind plug... then turn it back on, it'll start talking to the TX. 

That's it.

Now might be a good time to use the pin to press the Failsafe program button on the RX. Hold it down for a second or 3, red LED flashes a few times, done. Best redo it every time you've adjusted trims on the TX too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/01/2018 at 12:07 AM, WillyChang said:

Above pic is showing FlySky GT2 transmitter & GR3E receiver.

also have Absima and HSP (basic RTR-style 2ch) radios & RXes... they all speak the same FlySky language & talk fine to one another

Hey mate, I’ve got an Absima cr3p remote and need to get another receiver. I’d heard that some flysky receivers bind fine with them so do you know which ones? The absima receivers are hard for me to find here in Oz, and would be 40$ for me to order vs about 10$ for the readily available flysky receivers so would much prefer to use them if I can. Thanks 

Check for the Hobbyking receivers compatible with the HK-GT2, Turnigy GTX3, or the chinese sites (aliexpress, banggood etc) for FlySky receivers for the FS-GT3b/c. They all should work as they use the same hardware platform as far as I know.

HK: https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/hobbykingr-tm-gt-2-2-4ghz-receiver-3ch.html

Also compatible are the Reely/Modelcraft GT2 rx’s (sold by Conrad). These are the same as the HK, only different color stickers. Don’t know if you can get these down under...

AFHDS-protocol is the key-word.

All will cost around $6-7 US

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Parkesy said:

Hey mate, I’ve got an Absima cr3p remote and need to get another receiver. I’d heard that some flysky receivers bind fine with them so do you know which ones? The absima receivers are hard for me to find here in Oz, and would be 40$ for me to order vs about 10$ for the readily available flysky receivers so would much prefer to use them if I can. Thanks 

I've got CR2S that R3FS came with; CR3P gives R3WP but that's the same as R3FS anyway just a bit more moisture resistant. 

FlySky GR3E talks to my CR2S. 

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

I've got CR2S that R3FS came with; CR3P gives R3WP but that's the same as R3FS anyway just a bit more moisture resistant. 

FlySky GR3E talks to my CR2S. 

Thanks mate. I can get that receiver for 11$ so will order one now and once I confirm it works fine I’ll grab a few more for future builds 👌🏼

Yep, after weekends stocktake looks like I'm down to last spare GR3E too :) so reordered some... fleaBay A$18ish for 3, US$4.84ea I think. Slow boat from China could take 3-6wks so worth stocking up.

There were some local sellers asking A$15ish ea, LHS can ask $25-30ea.

Would not be surprised if there's fake/clones theseadays, but if they work fine & keep working fine - jobs done. The ones that arrive in box with FlySky TXes have seen various revisions too (label stays same but big differences in case molding & circuitboard) so I wouldn't know what's a true legit original anyways. 

Australian Open tennis not particularly inspiring tonite (Cilic thru in straights) so spent some time experimenting with the new RX arrivals :)

ok, findings are:-

#1 once you put TX into bind mode... it stays in bind mode indefinitely, until it's switched off

#2 whilst TX is in bind mode flashing... you can bind as many RXes as you like

(Which suggests TX is just broadcasting its ID code, it doesn't receive/store anything from each RX. It's the RX that stores the ID. Multiple RXes with same TX ID stored will all respond together.)

#3 tonite's RXes (bind plug in, then power on) stored the code so quick the red LED goes immediately to solid never even flashing once.

(in no-signal/failsafe mode these RXes blinked REALLY leisurely... about 2-3s between pulses that's about 0.3-0.5Hz. Don't know if it's because I powered them from only 4.8V from 4 rechargeables that haven't been charged for months)

#4 flysky's failsafe only operates on Ch2 :o learn something new everyday :) tonite I was experimenting using 2 servos for each RX, previously only plugged in 1. 

Looks like they've changed the RX again... today's lot of 3 came with 2 different sticker. And both stickers are different to the sticker of the last remaining unit of previous batch few mths earlier.

Didn't go peeking inside case to compare PCBs yet.

• Like 1

Yes great guide,  I have a Couple of the CR3P units - mainly for my sons to use - each came with two RXs which claim to be water resistant - I subsequently ordered a bunch of the above FS-GR3E's which all seem to work okay with the CR3P units as well as the two Flysky FSi6 TXs i have which is handy.

Regarding water resistance i assume the Absima ones have been sprayed with something - but with what - and can I spray the FS-GR3E's with something?

Thanks a million times over and over and over again, @WillyChang! I've been struggling with this for the better part of an hour and was seriously starting to doubt my sanity. Godsend!