Bwaaatch

Building an Avante TXR fan fiction project: help needed

Some bonus scans from my Mini4wd Avante collection.

Who's up for a Zenquish (lightweight Vanquish) or Proto Saber (Avante with closed wheels) at 1/10?

avante.pdf

• Like 1

image.png.c2d7b5c9a6032f9d5527586c1bcc88a2.png

Ooh, just noticed that the Egress Min4wd dress-up sticker set ALSO has some TXR logos in Red!!!!!!! See PDF in previous post for full set.

I was going not to have to buy an Egress …

I’ve only just picked up this thread, loving the idea, how about a couple of extra shells for the display, one with flow vis all over it and the other with press release camouflage like a proper F1 release.

D3C8EDDB-B117-4EE3-8143-665ED2560EC4.jpeg

40D95811-B257-4F59-9E01-EF58F2FB9FFD.jpeg

• Like 1

@Lee76,

Ha! I was thinking about the black and white camo, but had never heard of 'flow vis'. What a cool idea. If I end up making more than one shell, I shall consider it.

16 hours ago, Bwaaatch said:

@ruebiracer, Loving your Avante 89 thread! It's a wonderful opposite to my project (mainly technical rather than cosmetic, and a post-launch upgrade rather than a pre-launch alpha phase). Will keep an eye on it!

Yes, Tom EG's site is such fun. I enjoy all his Kyosho stuff too of course, but I hope I'm not alone in waiting anxiously for Part 3 of his Avante XL long wheelbase project. I probably check in there every week in the hope that he's made progress.

We're on the same wavelength on lots of things here.

Good to get some feedback from someone on the same wavelength! ;) Your graphic skills are great, so why not your technics. No matter what you put underneath your Shells, the final result will look great! And yes, I´m in the post launch phase getting "Revenge for Perry" on the tracks of 1989...

I also like the second sticker sheet for the Avante, you posted on page 1. The three stripes remind me of the Tamiya sticker set back then, with the neon colors. Do you know, what is the body color fitting to it? I´ve no idea, as I´m not in to deep with the Mini 4WD.

Ooh, just noticed that the Egress Min4wd dress-up sticker set ALSO has some TXR logos in Red!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Time has a habit of getting in the way of this hobby, doesn't it?

After many dormant months, I finally managed to finish of my decals and get them printed.

Huge thanks to Nate at MCI. He was so patient and generous in helping me with some technical difficulties. Looks like I can get this project moving again.

IMG_9388.JPG

• Like 6

Looks stunning. Really captures the feel of what you were aiming for with back ground story of the prototype avante