NameUnchanged

Honda city turbo

Thanks

Yeh another one to add to the list 

except from the xv01 and cayenne 

Is there any other Tamiya cars that can be made up to rally ? 

Ive had a cc01 and a few m chassis's looking for something a bit different 

2 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Cracking video!

What Camera are you using for that?

Cheers

Nito

That's not my car or video. I was answering the post above the video where @NameUnchanged said "Is there any other Tamiya cars that can be made up to rally ?". 

But, I can still answer your question. The video description says it was filmed with a Nikon D3s. 

1 hour ago, NameUnchanged said:

Amazing car I'm convinced I've looked them up before but I couldn't find any for sale

Yeah, I cannot find any either. :(

I found this and it gives a little hope:

http://www.ultimatetamiya.com/cars/df03ra/

The DF-03Ra represented the latest in a long line of Tamiya 1/10th scale rally cars. It fits standard 190mm touring car bodies and 24mm or 26mm wheels & tires, but provides ~15mm ground clearance with long travel suspension to make dirt & gravel driving possible, and it will even handle small jumps. As the name suggests, the car is based on the shaft-driven DF-03 buggy and shares the entire core chassis & drivetrain assembly, adding shorter suspension arms, linkages, dogbones, shocks, and shock towers to achieve a form factor that will accept many dozens of standard car bodies.

So, how hard is it to find a DF03 chassis? Dark Impact, and what else? Then, we need to figure out what suspension arms were used? Were they specific to the DF03Ra, or were the same arms used on another car? Which car? Wonder if we can find something else to fit, such as TT02 pieces?

7 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

So, how hard is it to find a DF03 chassis? Dark Impact, and what else? Then, we need to figure out what suspension arms were used? Were they specific to the DF03Ra, or were the same arms used on another car? Which car? Wonder if we can find something else to fit, such as TT02 pieces?

Arms are unique to Ra afaik, don't mod a buggy as you'll be changing half the car in parts for twice the price. Also has odd limitations like 05mod gears but it does get an inner chassis cover (aka dark impact bodyshell).

They are out there but bear in mind they didn't sell that many new (wasn't cheap, niche model) and it has been 10yrs since.

XV01 is probably a better less-compromised design if you don't mind front motor.

me, I've been wondering if it's possible to take a TB01 and give it a safari lift with rally knuckles like on the M05Ra/MF01 :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Me, I've been wondering if it's possible to take a TB01 and give it a safari lift with rally knuckles like on the M05Ra/MF01 :) 

I'd be tempted to try that too, but on a TL-01. 

The TL-01 is able to take the kick-up front bumper from the TL-01B buggy which helps it ride up and over obstacles. This in turn allows use of the TL-01B's U-shaped front hinge pin arrangement which goes a long way toward addressing the main Achilles heel of the chassis, namely vulnerable front lower arm mounts. The bigger bumper also offers additional protection to the shock towers.

Plus the narrow TL-01 is not all that prone to debris collection, so you aren't faced with the TB-01 dilemma of using the tub cover and compromising cooling, or leaving it off and collecting a tub full of muck.

4 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I'd be tempted to try that too, but on a TL-01. 

The TL-01 is able to take the kick-up front bumper from the TL-01B buggy which helps it ride up and over obstacles. This in turn allows use of the TL-01B's U-shaped front hinge pin arrangement which goes a long way toward addressing the main Achilles heel of the chassis, namely vulnerable front lower arm mounts. The bigger bumper also offers additional protection to the shock towers.

Plus the narrow TL-01 is not all that prone to debris collection, so you aren't faced with the TB-01 dilemma of using the tub cover and compromising cooling, or leaving it off and collecting a tub full of muck.

Have had a few TL01s already including buggy... plus still hanging on to one last Stadium Raider NIB :lol:

tamiya_58246_4.jpg

Yeah front corners of chassis get ripped off quite easily without the U-bar. 

On 1/13/2018 at 7:08 PM, Juggular said:

Honda City is cute, but not really an off-road vehicle.  They seem to have fun with their Cities though.  

This video starts off a little slow but becomes pretty hilarious.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Is there a re-release on that kit now?, looks like fun

I think it happened already 

WRxVpf6.png

although I’m not sure if this is a true re re. Only the body is the same as the willys wheeler as far as I can tell

• Like 1

Yes, thats what i thought actually, i was sure i saw this kit here the other day,  when i think off it now i belive i saw it on Plaza Japan and was thinking «whats this, looks like fun» :). 

I had the re-release when it first appeared but I sold it! And i always regretted selling it it really was a cool looking car I bought a chrome chassis and limited edition white shocks for it! If I remember it had a bit of a Achilles heel you had to cut a bit off the front wheels arches because the wheels would rub when you turned them?

IMG_20150816_132426.jpg

IMG_20150816_132030.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

I had the re-release when it first appeared but I sold it! And i always regretted selling it it really was a cool looking car I bought a chrome chassis and limited edition white shocks for it! If I remember it had a bit of a Achilles heel you had to cut a bit off the front wheels arches because the wheels would rub when you turned them?

IMG_20150816_132426.jpg

IMG_20150816_132030.jpg

That's Fresh!!  I just tilted my body posts forward and put an O ring in the front post- - just like I read here on the CLUB!.  No trimming required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Exit13 said:

That's Fresh!!  I just tilted my body posts forward and put an O ring in the front post- - just like I read here on the CLUB!.  No trimming required.

Did that not pull the rear wheels arches forward? I just trimmed the front with a dremel before I painted it literally 2mm on the same curve as the original! Mind you wouldn't you think tamiya would have realised it before it hit the shops?

I’ve been halving fun with this model. 
6MTTRma.jpg

I’ve been rocking the thunder bolt 15T with full bearings on this kit. And it’s fun. 
ZK1EZfE.jpg