Palfertronic

Back to 27Mhz?

I have been trying to source some stick radios on 2.4GHz, as no one seems to be stocking them anymore, especially the Core CR598 rx that I have been using for the last year or so...

Whats going on? I cannot get on with steerwheel transmitters, but I still believe that there is a market for stick radios...

So now I am going back to 27Mhz radios, there still appears to be plenty out there on Ebay, and  new xtals are still easy to get...and no compatibility issues with different brands either!

Sombebody remind me why we all went to 2.4 GHz?

• Like 1

I upgraded to 2.4Ghz when I got back into this hobby a few years ago, mainly because I thought I ought to.  I bought the CORE kit too, 'cos sticks are natural and intuitive but steerwheels are weird and annoying.  I bought a couple more CORE receivers for later builds too.

All my old cars are still on 27MHz though and I've got no intention of changing them.  I've got a bag of old transmitters that should last me years if necessary.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Palfertronic said:

Interference

xtals fracturing from impact

And if you've got a racing rival who plays dirty, jamming your frequency <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I distrusted 27Mhz for reliability when I got back into the hobby after trying to run a second hand DF03ra with the used 27Mhz radio it came with.... first 20 seconds out on the street it performed an unprompted left turn and full acceleration into a brick wall breaking something or other and losing me a dog bone.

However my new XB M03M Suzuki Swift with its brand new Tamiya 27Mhz radio and it performs excellently with perfect response and long enough range that I haven't had to test..... ... so I am happy to use either now.... but will still prefer 2.4G steerwheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palfertronic said:

I went to 2.4 after my car stopped dead in the middle of the straight and got rear ended. 

It was only after getting one I found out about all the functions and multi memory functions!! 

Nothing up with 27 or 40 for bashing, unless you need to turn the speed down for the young ones.

• Like 1

Looking like Etronix has got the sole rights for the radio set now, 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=38404

The micro reciever is now a little on the expensive side just to buy one and see if it will work with either the tamco or the core (the core micro rx doesn't work with the tamco btw) 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-pulse-fhss-micro-3ch-2-4ghz-receiver-et1105-1110-5-/rc-car-products/412936

no the Etronix one is no longer available either...

How long before the Absima stick radio disappears too?

Hang on to those 27 and 40 meg radios if you like sticks rather than a wheel!

• Sad 1

Been struggling myself trying to find stick transmitters and have decided I will have to stay with 27mhz.

I have a couple of futaba attack Sr transmitters and have bought an attack r. 

Can't beat the old style sticks 

While I'm fine with a wheel radio, using the shift gate template in my vintage Bruiser manual as a starting point, I've 3D printed plates to fit on a 4-channel radio to make it feel like a 2 for a friend that just couldn't get use to a wheel.

I went to 2.4GHz for my War Rig and TXT-1 because the oversize brushless motors caused interference issues with the 27MHz sets. TXT-1 would run fine on 3S for 27Mhz, huge interference issues on 4S.................