Sign in to follow this  
Ray68

Hobby King HK-310 Issues

Hi All,

I thought I had successfully bound  the TX to RX with solid green light but the throttle trigger operates the steering servo not the steering wheel? The steering servo is connected into the correct channel 1 slot on RX and esc into channel 2.

Any idea why these controls would be reversed?

Thanks

i have tried switching the steering to channel 2 and rx1 and i get the same result as previous.

Thanks

You must have the wires the wrong way around. I can’t think of any other reason this would happen. Have you got a picture? The rx must be bound or you wouldn’t get anything. 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Ray68 said:

i have tried switching the steering to channel 2 and rx1 and i get the same result as previous.

Thanks

That just doesn't make sense.. I cant see how it would happen..

What I would do is to disconnect the steering servo from the receiver..

Then plug Just the ESC into channel 2 of the receiver, and then turn on the controller and then the ESC and take note if its the trigger or steering wheel that makes the ESC work..

If its the trigger that makes the ESC work then connect the steering servo to the CH1 spot on the receiver, and you should be good to go...

If the wheel makes the ESC work (and not the trigger) then I would turn off the ESC, switch the ESC's receiver plug from CH2 on the receiver to the CH1 port, and then turn the ESC back on, and repeat the test.. Now the trigger should operate the ESC, and if it does, connect the steering servo to CH2 on the radio, and you should be good to go..

Thanks for the suggestions but the esc (TLBE02) needs configuring which is what highlighted my problems in the first place.

Until I sort the esc which to be honest  is not responding to any setting procedure I don't think  I can establish if the wheel works at all.

My thinking is to connect a receiver battery pack to the esc and connect two servos to see if wheel works?

That radio has a mixing function does it not? Are you sure it hasn't been set to mix the two channels? That would explain both channels responding to the trigger.

i read today somebody else on one of the scale forums had similar problems and they ended up throwing it away.

i reset the transmitter to factory defaults but this hasn't helped.

Does anybody know how to switch off mixing functions as the manual is not great.