Ian_Gsi16V

TA01 Rear Diff Options

I'm troubleshooting an issue with my TA01 that seems to cause it to be very tight when running, always sounds like something isn't quite as free as it should be, I've rebuilt the ball diff and it all seemed ok but tbh, I'm not entirely confident I could diagnose a not ok one. 

Is it possible to run a normal 3 cog one similar to the front so I can rule it out? I've got a good few of them spare but no ball diffs to test with :(

Any help greatly appreciated :)

The F/R diffs on the TA-01/02 are interchangeable, you can run ball or gear in either end as you like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann3x said:

The F/R diffs on the TA-01/02 are interchangeable, you can run ball or gear in either end as you like.

Awesome, thanks for the info :)

4 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

I have a spare NIP ball diff if you need one.

Thanks, I may well take you up on that offer if I can confirm that my current one is past its best. 

Earlier this week I replaced the ball diff for a regular one, this appears to have got rid of the grinding noise I could hear and it runs far better.

It's running a standard silvercan for now until I'm happy it's running 100%.

IMG_20180117_194703.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Have you got an alloy motor mount in there too?

Yes mate, and a steel pinion.

Cool good luck with the project and hoping you fixed that rear diff issue... I know where I stand with a geared diff but a ball diff is still trial and error for me too.

Just now, Jason1145 said:

Cool good luck with the project and hoping you fixed that rear diff issue... I know where I stand with a geared diff but a ball diff is still trial and error for me too.

Cheers mate, it had a little run today but tbh, it's just not that fun with a silvercan 😞. I've got a vintage Yokomo Pro Stock motor on its way to me. 

I'm fairly certain the ball diff in this is simply knackered, I've rebuilt the one in my TA02 Pre Runner many times over the years and never had an issue. 

• Like 1