Sign in to follow this  

This is the second CR I've picked up over the years and probably has the most mileage of all my rigs. As opposed to my Crawler Bug, this one is more of a scale rig. Well, as scale as a CR01 can be. :) It's been on many runs, from flat trails, to rocky ravines. Usually goes camping with me as well.  

A Proline body with a few scale goodies sits up top. This body is a perfect fit the the CR01's wheelbase and wheel/tire size imo. Do plan on an interior of some kind eventually. Rolls on Proline beadlocks and a set of shaved and siped Flat Irons.  Out of the box the tires left me a bit wanting but with a bit of work and some break in they grab fantastic.
38881504285_7126d5f26c_b.jpg
24910315357_e64d41d667_b.jpg

Stock axles pretty much with a few upgrades here and there. KM knuckles and C's modified with bearings for very smooth steering. Tamiya lockers and HD parts are in the axle. Highly recommended, there's very little slop with everything installed.

38881504005_787c6c5930_b.jpg

Chassis is another custom cut 6061 creation. The trans mount is moved up 20mm and the rear of the chassis is extended to match the PL body. 
24910315157_e8932b7901_b.jpg

The SCX10 trans swap worked so well in the crawler bug I did it here as well. Freed up lots of room so I can lower the battery tray to keep that all important COG as low as possible. Also opened up quite a few other options...I've run a 2-speed as well as a 2/4WD setup in the past, though now it sports a standard transmission with a 17.5 brushless system geared way down. 
24910314707_57ce996327_b.jpg
38881503455_bc95e32b9d_z.jpg

My favorite feature on this truck is the suspension. Definetly sets it apart from the other trail trucks in my stable. I kept the springs though replaced the cantivelvers with a more traditional stand up shock for dampening. I replaced the stock springs with the short barrel springs and the stance came out just right. There's also a few shiny bits here and there for no other reason than I like shiny stuff!

28001813859_5d22c6ab46_b.jpg

This truck has seen many miles and has been trouble free the entire way. At some point I should probably open the axles and check the gears, but it takes so long to get in there, I'll just run them until they crumble. :)

• Like 3