Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Help needed - truck wheels

Hi Everyone

I am busy building my first Tamiya truck and please excuse my ignorance but I have an issue which has really confused me!

I have obviously got something wrong but I have no idea how to fix it so hoping someone can enlighten me to what I've done wrong and what I need to do to put it right.

what happens is when I push forwards the rear wheels go backwards but the other wheels all go forwards. I am soooooo confused! Can any one advise me?

IMG_2805.jpg

• Like 1

I would guess that you have assembled one of the rear axles incorrectly not sure how though.

Can't think of anything else !

Take it apart, check, reassemble & test before refitting. 

Can you post a pic of the underside of the rear axles ?

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

maybe you have to turn the diff gear inside the rear axle so that the teeth of the diff gear are looking on the other side. I hope this understandable.

Kind regards,

Robert

• Like 1

Having given it a bit more thought, you may have fitted 1 of the 2 rear axles upside down - the small driveshaft which goes between the 2 rear axles should have a slightly offset and not run straight. If that is the case you just need to work out which one and flip it over.

The top & bottom edges of the axle casings have different mouldings - compare with the build manual and it should be clear.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Having given it a bit more thought, you may have fitted 1 of the 2 rear axles upside down - the small driveshaft which goes between the 2 rear axles should have a slightly offset and not run straight. If that is the case you just need to work out which one and flip it over.

The top & bottom edges of the axle casings have different mouldings - compare with the build manual and it should be clear.  

I agree with Tamiyabigstuff.. I bet that you have one of the diffs in upside down..

The pic below shows how they should sit..

TAM56323-6.jpg

• Thanks 1

The tops of the diff casings should have little bump stop tabs, these hit the chassis rails. Check both are facing towards the rails to make sure you have the diffs the right way up.

zeuodEd.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I will check this tonight. Lookin at Backlash and Bermans pictures and comparing with a slightly blury one I took last week I do think I have the driveshaft on the rear front wheels on backwards!

I will let you know how I get on :)

Thanks again.

thumbnail_IMG_2813.jpg

• Like 1

it looks like the drive shaft is straight also i am pretty sure it as to be of ...not straight as in the pic below. i though ti had the same prob with my grand hauler i took it apart many times thinking it was wrong but when i took to penn they said i had it correct. i know this may sound bad to a long time builder but check and check and check the instructions esp check the pics and compare. i have learnt that lesson building trucks and my bruiser .

12 hours ago, Backlash said:

I agree with Tamiyabigstuff.. I bet that you have one of the diffs in upside down..

The pic below shows how they should sit..

TAM56323-6.jpg

as in the pic 

1 hour ago, AndyjcClod said:

Thanks guys, I will check this tonight. Lookin at Backlash and Bermans pictures and comparing with a slightly blury one I took last week I do think I have the driveshaft on the rear front wheels on backwards!

I will let you know how I get on :)

Thanks again.

thumbnail_IMG_2813.jpg

Looks like the rearmost diff is upside down.

Backlash's pic is correct.

• Thanks 1