Sign in to follow this  
TWINSET

Custom Builds

Mokei Kagaku just posted these, and loads more, on FB

These are custom builds for The 9th RC Modelers' Contest, not production kits/prototypes

26992757_1723839454322441_8431099267079542638_n.jpg

27066791_1723840137655706_7362349565468045299_n.jpg

26994020_1723839904322396_6018538248021513024_n.jpg

26815176_1723839897655730_397190479589479889_n.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TWINSET said:

27066791_1723840137655706_7362349565468045299_n.jpg

Wild Schwimmwagon!

Love it! 

If you could actually make it fully amphibian too that would be special.

• Like 1

Nice! I love "Wild Schwimmy." This is the kind of stuff Tamiya should be doing with this chassis, not cramming some undersized VW bus or Suzuki body on it.

The X-wing is cool too, although personally I would have gone for a Battlestar Galactica "Viper." More obscure reference, and less chance of snagging a wing on the ground in turns...

• Like 2

SOMEONE FINALLY DID THE THUNDERBIRDS ELEVATOR CAR

These designs really push the possibilities for the Dancing Rider! The X-wing is ambitious, and the fighter plane is cute :D

It is amazing how natural the Wild Schwimmwagen looks - like it should be a mass-produced kit...

• Like 1

I am thinking that the Dragon 1/6 Schwimmwagon may well be the base kit for this excellent rendition. Surely not beyond the capabilities of you, Mad Inventor, to pull this off. Although I would expect your to be made out of metal and to be a fully functioning amphibian!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njmlondon said:

I am thinking that the Dragon 1/6 Schwimmwagon may well be the base kit for this excellent rendition. Surely not beyond the capabilities of you, Mad Inventor, to pull this off. Although I would expect your to be made out of metal and to be a fully functioning amphibian!

Nah, I'm pants at doing bodywork with curves on it................

6 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Nah, I'm pants at doing bodywork with curves on it................

Me too. :unsure:

That's what she says. :wacko:

So I'll be at the workbench, polishing Willy's big helmet :blink:

:lol:

• Haha 2

The only things I'd have differently would be to have painted the driver figure in German WWII 3 tone camo  and to have retained a machine gun. If Tamiya released it, it could then be called the 'Fast Attack Frog'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

The only things I'd have differently would be to have painted the driver figure in German WWII 3 tone camo  and to have retained a machine gun. If Tamiya released it, it could then be called the 'Fast Attack Frog'

shhh, don't mention the war :o the frogs got occupied, didn't they? :huh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Loving the Thunderbirds elevator car, "Trapped in the sky" is one of my favourite Thunderbirds episodes. 

Fun fact: the bit where car number 3 goes out of control, veers off and crashes into a parked up plane wasn't actually in the original script. The car actually went out of control during shooting and Gerry Anderson liked the way it looked and the extra drama it created so much he rewrote the scene on the fly to keep the footage in. 

• Like 3

On ‎22‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 6:42 PM, njmlondon said:

It's actually the Schwimmwagen from defunct US company 21st Century Toys. As a collector of models of aircooled VW's, I have a couple of that one and a comparison left no doubt. The conversion shouldn't really be hard as it seems the body/hull? basically only needs to be shortened, and as the sides are pretty straight, matching the front and back after cutting away a section in the middle shouldn't be too hard.

Another Japanese modeller built a WR02-based "comical" Schwimmwagen, but made the body by heavily modifying a Wild Willy body. Using the 21st Century model is clearly a simpler route!

• Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 2:57 PM, markbt73 said:

The X-wing is cool too, although personally I would have gone for a Battlestar Galactica "Viper." More obscure reference, and less chance of snagging a wing on the ground in turns...

My first thought exactly, along with, I can see myself getting one of these just to do that!! Of the classic Colonial variety obviously.

• Like 1