VagabondStarJXF

MIP Hotshot Ball Diff Pre-Order - Final Push!

Hi all on TC,

Further to the Data Collection thread I'm hoping I can get some of TC together for a final push on this diff set from MIP.

MIP Super Ball Diff, Tamiya HotShot/ BigWig #17160

Price is $115 for a set (Info copied & pasted from the above link)

2 - MIP Confetti Stickers 

1 - MIP Inst. Sheet

1 - Diff Lube & Grease Cup

28 - Bearing, 3/32" Chrome Steel Balls

12 - Bearing, 5/64" Chrome Steel Balls

4 - Bearing, 10 x 15 x 4mm, Flanged

4 - Bearing, 10 x 15 x 4mm, Flanged

4 - Diff Ring, Slash

4 - Diff Spring, 1/4 x 9/32"

2 - Diff Screw, Shoulder, 2-56 x .925, Assoc

4 - Bearing, 5mm x 8mm x 2.5mm

2 - MIP T-Nut Housing, .250 Bore

2 - MIP T-Nut Insert, .250 Bore

2 - MIP Outdrive Male Tamiya HotShot

2 - MIP Outdrive Female, Tamiya HotShot

2 - MIP Diff Gear, 47T 32P, Tamiya HotShot

1 - MIP Hole Saw, Tamiya Hot Shot

4 - MIP Bone, Tamiya Hot Shot

Deadline date is Jan 26 and it's my understanding that MIP haven't gotten enough orders to meet the minimum of 250 yet. I recall a lot of people saying that they'd be interested, some for multiple sets, so I'm really surprised to hear that the minimum number hasn't been met. Anyways, I'm doing this shout out in the hopes that it'll get people to get their orders in to make this production happen. (I've ordered one for my Bigwig project so I'd really like it to happen. :) )

**** I i have ordered two sets of them already  I don't need and can't afford two more :(:( lets get buying people I have cars that want to be run for fun!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Any idea what numbers are looking like?  I have ordered one already but could be talked into a second if it was really close.

Not sure tbh. I asked @Pintopowervia Facebook and he said that the numbers weren't good enough yet. He didn't give me the exact number and I'm not sure if he could tell me if he had the actual number.

Any one reach out to Pintopower to see where we stand?

I'm debating myself back and forth.....Ugh. The price is pretty steep and I actually don't run my HS often, probably been a year since I lost touched it so hard to justify. But I love to tinker and this allows me to tinker....

11 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Any one reach out to Pintopower to see where we stand?

I'm debating myself back and forth.....Ugh. The price is pretty steep and I actually don't run my HS often, probably been a year since I lost touched it so hard to justify. But I love to tinker and this allows me to tinker....

I've been offline for a couple of days, no internet again, but last thing he told me was that he was going to have a meeting with MIP to try and get them to go into production with the lower number of pre-orders. I'm really hoping that either a: we reach the 250 orders so he doesn't need to have that meeting, or b: he manages to convince them that they're 'close enough to target' and that their development costs can be recouped via long term/post pre-sale sales.

Sure the price looks steep at $115 but, considering the ORV diff is $60 for a single unit, I think it's actually quite good value for money. After all it's a set that contains two diffs (front and rear), the reaming tool for the necessary gearbox mod, dog bones and outdrives. Not bad, I think, but that's just my perspective.

well I guess we will find out Monday how the meeting went ....fingers crossed guys

I just received an email from MIP, the deadline is now February 16th. So it must be close to extend it. 

• Like 2

This is good to hear! Much preferred than hearing we did not make it and the process stops. Must be patient...must be patient...:D

1 hour ago, howaboutme said:

This is good to hear! Much preferred than hearing we did not make it and the process stops. Must be patient...must be patient...:D

Still good news  , but would SOOOO much like to know the numbers they are at ....... if we knew that may push it even more ..

This was the other interesting tidbit from the last email from MIP:

Limited Time Only! Free Hole Saw with Purchase!

For a limited time, get our Hole Saw with your purchase of the #17165. This part will make the required modification to your gear box with ease!

Agree that it's a bid odd that two single diffs seem cheaper...

7 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Hmmm..Interesting that it will be cheaper to buy 2 single ones. Wonder if that's a typo or what? It doesn't make sense.

That is odd. I've emailed them to find out what's up with that.

MIP should have sold it this way from the beginning. $55 per diff seems much easier to swallow. Plus makes hitting the 250 mark much easier. I will be ordering another set this weekend to help the cause.

Hey guys, so I have had several meetings with MIP. Weirdly, they are doing better here at the end of things than at the start. I will call the owner today and have another chat. Trust me, I am pushing hard for us and even though I don't own a Hotshot, I do want MIP to make more stuff for us in the future...if you knew what I had planned....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Hey guys, so I have had several meetings with MIP. Weirdly, they are doing better here at the end of things than at the start. I will call the owner today and have another chat. Trust me, I am pushing hard for us and even though I don't own a Hotshot, I do want MIP to make more stuff for us in the future...if you knew what I had planned....

Surely MIP has also recognized the Holidays just passed (Amazon.com owns me for a few months), and tax season is upon us. 250 pre-orders per diff is much easier to achieve instead of per car.

23 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

I've emailed them to find out what's up with that.

MIP got back to me about the $5 difference and it really is as simple as this:

You get the hole saw for free with the new "single diff" pre-order whereas the cost of the hole saw was factored in to the original "diff set" pre-order. They didn't tell me if the single diff will still get the hole saw for free if they go into production.

9 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Thanks for all you're doing, @Pintopower... And get yourself one of the Hotshot family! You know you want it! :)

10 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

MIP got back to me about the $5 difference and it really is as simple as this:

You get the hole saw for free with the new "single diff" pre-order whereas the cost of the hole saw was factored in to the original "diff set" pre-order. They didn't tell me if the single diff will still get the hole saw for free if they go into production.

Thanks for all you're doing, @Pintopower... And get yourself one of the Hotshot family! You know you want it! :)

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not going to worry about the few bucks but they probably should have waited until after the pre-order to give that discount....Just looks a bit bad. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the product regardless.

i think we should get TWO drill bits then per kit so we can have a spare for future mods and builds ..